RED 1989 CHRYSLER TC FOR SALE IN IL

Guest lbjteck

Guest lbjteck

Red 1989Chrysler TC By Maserati

Price $10,200.00

What arare convertible this red TC is ready to go for a drive to you local car showor a drive anywhere for that matter. Very rare car only 7300 ever built. Withthis sale I am including a bunch of parts you cant find that are brand new andhard to find parts.<o:p></o>

ReplacedItems <o:p></o>

Enginehad a fresh tune up 2014<o:p></o>

Tires are1 years old like new. <o:p></o>

Brand newbreaks in the front and in the back including new rotors, lines, calipers andpads. <o:p></o>

Rebuiltpower steering rack with new boots<o:p></o>

New airconditioning system<o:p></o>

Fuel tank5 years old<o:p></o>

5 yearold fuel pump<o:p></o>

All newbelts including trimming belt<o:p></o>

All newwiring for rear tail lights.<o:p></o>

Fuelsystem was cleaned out as well.<o:p></o>

<o:p></o>

Work neededto be done<o:p></o>

Need newtrunk struts getting worn out.<o:p></o>

Top ofdriver’s seat left side needs to be re stitched.<o:p></o>

I havethe paper work for all work that has been done. If you have any questionsplease ask. Car is sold as is. More pictures are available. Any questions Iwill be happy to answer them. Email me at lbjteck@comcast.net or txt me at 224-725-0262<o:p></o>

This caris local pickup or if you want to have a shipper pick it up I will be happy towork that out as well with you.<o:p></o>

post-91460-1431426858_thumb.jpg

post-91460-143142685811_thumb.jpg

post-91460-143142685821_thumb.jpg

post-91460-14314268584_thumb.jpg

Guest BobFitz

I just paid less than half that for a DOHC 5 speed with 59,000 mi.

You might want to re-evaluate your price and consult Hagerty for a more realistic value for a #4 car.post-101701-14314268737_thumb.jpg

Guest lbjteck

Ya I could lower my price but why? Did your car come problem free how's your breaks? Rebuilt air system? Come with extra parts?

Guest BobFitz
Ya I could lower my price but why?

Why? If your objective is to sell the car then pricing it realistically would help. Your car may be worth your selling price to you but it will have to be worth that to a buyer in order to sell.

Just trying to be helpful.

Ya I could lower my price but why? Did your car come problem free how's your breaks? Rebuilt air system? Come with extra parts?

I grew up in a family filled with car dealers, and I have to tell you this and please don't take it the wrong way; But you've posted 4 photos of a 75,000 mile car and even if it was the most perfect car in the world, your description and photos posted here wouldn't get you a 5 grand bid on Ebay.

If you have thousands of dollars worth of extra hard to find parts that come with the car, you should list the parts and include pictures.

When you declare a problem with anything, be it the seat upholstery or a scratch on the door, you should have a close up picture of the problem.

When you sell something like this pedigree is important, number of owners, original sales papers, manuals, tools, umbrella all add dollars to value.

You couldn't have picked a tougher crowd to convince that your car is worth the asking price and you did it with a posting that says 3,500 to 5,000.

Time to sharpen up the pencil, polish up the tail pipe and get a bunch more pics

Guest lbjteck

Hello I did post more photos but they didnt show up. I been working on cars for over 30 years so my background is cars not just this one but almost every make out there. If Our TC sell for more money whats the problem with that? Seams a bad idea to work this hard down talking someones car so why do it? My car has had tons of work done to it to make it like a new car again and the parts I am including some I cant find at all anymore. A car here in il just sold for 12500 without parts and just like mine so why would I not want to be at thee same price point? There is also anotheer car at volo auto musume right now asking 9900.00 without parts. AS these cars get older more work will have to be done digger your brakes just went out? mine are new and the system for the abs is rebuilt.

OK guys, he has been educated that this is not the forum to sell his car at the price he is looking for. He is obviously looking for a buyer that sees a red convertible with a Maserati name on it and doesn't do any googling to see what it actually is. If he really has 30 years of experience with cars then he knows that the labor portion of a repair is NEVER recovered at sales time and his repairs are the type that if the system is not functioning properly gets a huge deduction from value at sales time. He is also being fooled by the asking prices that are out there on cars that have been sitting unsold for many years. His best bet is to ebay the parts he has and then sell the car separately on ebay with an opening bid of 3000 and omitting the blustery bits from of the description. There is currently a red California TC on ebay that he should watch closely for clues on value. It is on its second auction after going to over 5 grand and apparently having a buyer back out. The other auction he should look at is the lousy looking red TC in Cali that is severely overpriced for condition that has NO bids, actually two of those right now.

Guest lbjteck

This is just crazzy what you are saying that red tc for sale that doesnt even have working brakes why the heck would I compare mine to a unfixed car? like saying i should have my price of my car based on a car that dont run. By you guys saying this stuff your bringing all tc values down all this is serchable on the net why would you hurt your self. If my car sells at a higher price all tc cars will go up in value car guides are based on sales and I did list two for you guys one sold at 12500 and the other at 9900. Why would I sell below? dont make any sence to balk talk my car at all when I am trying to make everyone car worth more money. think next time will ya

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Other-2-DOOR-CONVERTIBLE-ROADSTER-1989-CHRYSLER-TC-BY-MASERATI-VERY-NICE-CALIFORNIA-CAR-/251623883880?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3a95f3c468&item=251623883880&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Looks like brakes work to me, this is at top dollar for one of these right now. Sorry you had to put too much money into yours for what it is worth, maybe in 10 or 20 more years. This group is great for helping others learn how to diagnose and repair their TCs without having to pay a mechanic to fumble around and charge them for time wasted and wrong parts replaced.

The cars are worth what they are worth right now, and that is at the bottom of their depreciation curve, where they will stay for a few more years.

Guest BobFitz
You just dont quit and your hurting me and yourself stop allready why do it?

Seems like the only thing hurt here is your ego. You are disregarding the advice (based on fact) of probably the most

knowledgeable group of TC experts around. The purpose of this forum is to help other TC owners, not to be critical of their

cars.

I suggested you check Hagerty value for your car. They are in the business of insuring classic and special interest cars.

They value your car at $3600. They HAVE to know the true value of the cars they deal with.

Brakes and fuel pumps are considered to be maintenance items and do not have an effect on a cars value unless they are defective

in which case they devalue the car. Spare parts add very little value to a sale. I base these comments on 50 years of dealing

with classic cars and growing up with a car dealer as a father.

Seems like the only thing hurt here is your ego. You are disregarding the advice (based on fact) of probably the most

knowledgeable group of TC experts around. The purpose of this forum is to help other TC owners, not to be critical of their

cars.

I suggested you check Hagerty value for your car. They are in the business of insuring classic and special interest cars.

They value your car at $3600. They HAVE to know the true value of the cars they deal with.

Brakes and fuel pumps are considered to be maintenance items and do not have an effect on a cars value unless they are defective

in which case they devalue the car. Spare parts add very little value to a sale. I base these comments on 50 years of dealing

So Bob, your old man was a dealer ----- I got a pair of 2's---- I also play cribbage. We had the Ford Chevy line, Dad ran Lincoln's on the south side of Hwy 12, His cousin George ran Cadillac s almost directly across the highway on the north side. From Mpls to Rochester all of the family dealers were Ford and the Chevy dealers went north went almost to Duluth. Got the umbrella for my TC out of Dad's golf bag, I'm pretty sure he liberated it from one of those "Chrysler's" he had to take in on trade. Which one of the big 3 did you grow up with?

Guest BobFitz

Chevy and Buick. I have a 1965 Buick Gran Sport with 35k miles in the garage. Once the nest was vacated he moved to Texas and got into heavy Ford trucks.

cars.

May I join the 'pissing contest?

One thing I noticed was the gas tank having been replaced. Is this something to brag about? I would only do that if it was rusted out, which having to replace the electric fuel pump at the same time would indicate.

A car from IL gives us a big clue as to how the underside must look. Rust everywhere I'll bet. So bad that calipers were rusted and seized? I had to scrap a TC from Ohio because it was so badly rusted underneath that brake fluid squirted from the rusted out brake lines and gasoline sprayed from the rusted out fuel line when the engine was running. When it came into my shop, it was dragging the rear tires like a dog with a lame hind quarter.

Now ibjteck, you can't insult me about my TC, so don't even bother... But, I have a similar red/ginger TC, an 89, now with 275,000 + a few more miles on the odometer. Fortunately it was a California car and has never seen road salt.

I wonder just how much I would be offered for it if I were to put it up for sale? Would you like to take a guess?

Let's see now, I have converted it from being an automatic to a 5 speed with a transaxle from a Daytona Shelby. That was around 14 years ago. It runs real well with that 5 speed and gets around 32 MPG on the road.

I have also removed any sign of the ABS brakes, so now I have brakes that will operate long after I am gone. No more worry about bad accumulators or loose wire terminals.

I had the leather replaced 2 years ago with original skins purchased from the club. Leather will shrink and rip as these cars age, that's just normal.

To me, that alone doubles the cars value. Can you imagine, a trouble free TC?

Sure, I have replaced the head gasket, the water pump and twice the timing belt. Somewhere along the way I even replaced the brake pads. I have even changed the oil and filter a few times as well as new spark plugs about 5 years ago.

Actually, you really do not need to spend a lot in order to keep one of these cars running well. Oh yes, I was a Chrysler mechanic for 52 years or so, but that shouldn't matter. ASE Certified Master Technician, for the skeptics. Chrysler Certified Master Technician as well.

To the seller of that red with ginger 'bad' leather interior TC, I can only say sell it for what you can get for it or fix it up for yourself to enjoy driving it as we do with our TCs. They are a great car as we would all attest to.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/84f5bfa1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/84f5bfa1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/84f5bfa1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/84f5bfa1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/84f5bfa1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/84f5bfa1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Guest lbjteck

I am not attacking anyone I am not saying saying bad things about anyones car. Yet look what has been said about my car it's rust bucket? really? hemi dude why would you say something like that? There is no rust on my car fuel will over time eat away metal they will over time leak. Brakes have moving parts they wear down dont work like they should so why not replace and make the brakes new again. Listen all I am trying to do is raise the value on all our cars not just mine. The book values and made by cales of cars the higher the numbers the better. I dont have a ego and i sure dont have a rust bucket car thank you guys. I am trying to help keep the cars around and I get attacked good work.

Guest BobFitz
There is no rust on my car fuel will over time eat away metal they will over time leak. Brakes have moving parts they wear down dont work like they should so why not replace and make the brakes new again. Listen all I am trying to do is raise the value on all our cars not just mine. The book values and made by cales of cars the higher the numbers the better.

I have given you the benefit of the doubt until now. You are either trying to lie to a bunch of "car guys" or ignorant.

Gasoline does not "eat away" galvanized steel.

Car value guides get their data from dealer auctions, public auctions and dealer sales- not from individual sales.

I have yet to see a car from Il. without rust. There may be some garage kept only drive on clear summer days examples

but I don't think your's in one of them.

How come this fine example of automotive preservation has not sold yet? How many people have actually looked at the car?

You should have left well enough alone.

Guest lbjteck

So gas tanks dont go bad hmmm really funny how that works guess no one sells 1 gas tank ever right? I guess gas does not have water, I guess it dont have things added to it i guess raw metal never ever rusts? you are wrong every web site that sells parts sells gas tanks. My car does not have rust And I am sure you have never seen my car.You made this a personal attack you are very rude and disrespectfull.

I have given you the benefit of the doubt until now. You are either trying to lie to a bunch of "car guys" or ignorant.

Gasoline does not "eat away" galvanized steel.

Car value guides get their data from dealer auctions, public auctions and dealer sales- not from individual sales.

I have yet to see a car from Il. without rust. There may be some garage kept only drive on clear summer days examples

but I don't think your's in one of them.

How come this fine example of automotive preservation has not sold yet? How many people have actually looked at the car?

You should have left well enough alone.

You would do better to NOT list all the repairs, in most of the country some of those particular ones are huge warning signs of a car to NOT buy. Try posting pics of underside with good light to showcase a lack of rust. The brake accumulator in your photo is of an OLD stock or original part, they have a shelf life that this type is long past, even if it was never used. The driver seat needs more than just restitching at the top, it has worn leather that should be replaced. Mileage on the TCs is always suspect, the odometers are well known for getting stuck when the gear teeth break. Most for sale have between 60 and 85 K miles but most of those have wear patterns that indicate over 120 K miles.

If your car is really as good as you think, and I haven't looked at it to judge, you should be accepted for sale at a large national auction and a big price could nudge the price of others upwards. Just be glad you don't have a Maserati BiTurbo, those were worn out at 30 K miles and even the Southern California examples are riddled with rust.

Guest lbjteck

The pictures I tried to upload here are not showing up wish they would have only four did. Trying to figure out where I do want to sell the car at right now going up to meet with my business partner see what he thinks and go from there there is a auction in boone county maybe take a drive up there on friday have to see how things go. I have two brand new top pull down motors and assmebles and rims no way I can move it all again did that 7 years ago now getting ready to move again. Finally got sol all the mustang parts and buick parts i had left. My yellow tc was sold last year it now enjoys weekend trips so happy about that.