Fuel pump relay location

Guest Matt1701

Guest Matt1701

I would think that there is a fuel pump relay, however I am not certain of that. I have a factory service manual and can not find one.

So, is there one and if so where is it located.

Two different types of Auto Shut Down relay were used. One type is a silver somewhat rectangular/oval relay on the drivers side strut tower next to a similar looking starter relay. If your car only has one relay of this type then you need to look for a squarish black relay about 1" on a side next to a few others just like it on the inner driver side fender in front of the strut tower area. The squarish relay did not show up in any parts books when I needed one, eventually found it to be the same as some Dodge Shadows, I think about an 1989 or so. There is a post that includes the info in about 2004 but I can't find it with the search function. If I remember correctly, the wires are still the same color coding as for the other relay in the service manual.

Never mind, just found the old info and it was for the fan relay. The auto shut down relay is one of the little (about 1") squarish boxes on the driver side fender in front of the strut tower. The squarish fan relay was the one that parts catalogs list for the 1990 Dodge Shadow.