FEDCO BADGE REMOVAL

Guest danajohnson

Guest danajohnson

Well looks like I got it off. Scared the crap out of me. Now I just need someone to restore it. Any recommendations?

Well looks like I got it off. Scared the crap out of me. Now I just need someone to restore it. Any recommendations?

The fasteners were carefully ground off the back of the dash to remove mine, I used epoxy to reinstall it. Try Emblematic ( I think that is their name ) They restore emblems.

Guest martylum
Talked with Emblemagic this morning and they say they don't do those Fedco badges. Any other recommendations?

Hi-I've restored a number of early Chrysler cars with Fedco plates. On most the original finish is gone. I currently have a 29 DeSoto with a very nice Fedco plate with original nickel plating overpainted with a bronzy brown lacquer which looks almost metallic but probably not. The nickel shows through the paint.This car is in very good original condition so I think this finish original.

I can't speak for the paint color on other Fedco cars but I think they had nickel plated plates.

If you e-mail me I can e-mail you a photo of the plate.

Martin Lum

marty@oldercar.com