For Sale-1934 Chrysler Airflow CU 4 dr sedan-rhd in Au for sale-Not Mine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnArthurSpinks

The Airflow sold for AUD$67,000.00 at Auction.

This Airflow was built as a dirt rally car in the very early '50's and competed in the 1953 Redex Around Australia Car Trial.

The car had been recently restored to its former rally car status and competed in a reenactment of the trial a few years ago.

An associate of mine is now the new owner of this car and it will reside in Melbourne Australia.

Regards

John Spinks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/30/2014 at 7:08 PM, JohnArthurSpinks said:

The Airflow sold for AUD$67,000.00 at Auction.

This Airflow was built as a dirt rally car in the very early '50's and competed in the 1953 Redex Around Australia Car Trial.

The car had been recently restored to its former rally car status and competed in a reenactment of the trial a few years ago.

An associate of mine is now the new owner of this car and it will reside in Melbourne Australia.

Regards

John Spinks

Hi JohnArthurSpinks,

I restored this car in 2002 while an apprentice diesel mechanic for my boss, Helen Watson ( maiden name: HOY ) who drove it in the 2003 redex trials 50th anniversary rerun, taking the wheel of the the exact car which her father Eric Hoy drove in the 1953 redex trials, Her brother being Navigator in both!

Unfortunately I lost contact with Helen around 2007 when she relocated to the mid New South Wales coast from where she sold this car at a 2014 auction  in Sydney. Not long after it was sold, i came accross the auction it sold in and have tried several times to track it down, hoping to speak with the current owners and tell them of the work carried out and pass on my knowledge of what was done to get it ready for the Trials. Ultimately i would be thrilled to cast my eye over her and hopefully be allowed tosit behind the wheel again after so long!

To say the least, I was overwhelmed when i came accross this webpage, even moreso when i read that you know ( or knew at the time you  posted this ) of the new owner in Melbourne, only 160 KM's ( 100Ml ) south of me. Memories of the many late nights, long hours on weekends and the huge amount of work i did along with helping others in various areas of the build ( paint, panel, electrical and interior ) to restore it from what many would have sent to scrap to the incredible machine it ended up becoming.

Any assistance with fulfilling my desire to find her would be greatly appreciated more than words can convey.

I will happily forward my contact details to you  ( via a private message ) to pass on if needed.

Thank you immensely for your time and look forward to a reply.

Regards,

Jeremy Allen,

Bendigo, Victoria,

Australia.