1989 Chrysler TC 16V 5spd 60K miles 1 of 501 lots of extras

89TC-16V

Category: Domestic

I have a 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati for sale, in USA - New Jersey.

Mileage: 60000 miles

Engine Size: 2.2L 16 Valve

Asking price is $6000

Date: 17th August 2014

Username: Xtrempickup

Full Name:Tom Kordosky

City, State, Zip: Garfield, NJ 07026

Selling or Wanted Price: 6000$ or best offer

looking to sell my 1989 TC Maserati 16 Valve turbo 5-speed.. My TC is 95% rust free, see photo of the rust, 60k miles but odometer stopped and I have maybe driven 500 miles in the 9 years ive owned it it was at chryslers of carlisle in 2012. in great shape, its more of a drivers car than show quality unless somebody really wants to spend the time to repaint it. Carbernet and ginger with black soft top and has matching hard top. is complete with all items, most are pricey. if I get close to asking price I wil include about 1500$ of performance 16V masi items like cometic gaskets, 16v custom fidanza cam gears, nos timing belt, nos belt tensioner, magnacore wires, nos license plate frame for front bumper, hard top cart for top when removed, extra soft top pull down assembly, and I have lining for the hood that needs to be cut and applied, etc. pictures were taken on august 17th 2014

20140817_134916_zpsnn72j5tr.jpg

20140817_135204_zps0v0me9yk.jpg

20140817_135249_zpsz90kzcqo.jpg

20140817_134944_zpsxgyulita.jpg

20140817_134933_zps9rhw8ofv.jpg

20140817_135012_zpsln1rc6nz.jpg

20140817_135026_zps3u9eqkwl.jpg

20140817_135043_zpst9vsuino.jpg

20140817_135110_zpsbbtjgnap.jpg

20140817_135151_zpsijgguyjt.jpg

20140817_135219_zpsxazt1qwx.jpg

20140817_135226_zps105h3zgw.jpg

20140817_135304_zpsf0ydrzfs.jpg

only rust on whole car and its on both sides in the same location. I checked it out today, its solid, not soft. the whole underbody looks like it was rhino lined, the coating on it is very hard and has kept the car from rusting, its been in NJ 9 years, originally came from Illinois

• 2 months later...

recent events and new plans and future are forcing to make this sale as fast as possible. i am willing to cut my nose to spite my face and if somebody can come with 4500$ this car is all theirs. runs and drives, can be driven home im pretty sure at least a few hundred miles. i wouldn't advise any drives to california or florida as ive never taken the car that far myself.

• 4 months later...

bump for the spring. need to sell this car. willing to make somebody deal. runs, drives, no issues that would keep you from driving it daily, i've driven it numerous times this winter because i had my daily driver go down. really just need to space on my classic insurance for another collector car.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, car has to go, i don't have the space for it anymore. i have other cars that need work space and attention. accepting offers, if somebody throws me a fair offer by end of april i'll include all the performance RDI parts i have and manuals, hard top carrier, spare rim, extra hard top pull down assembly, the list goes on and on. will sell that all separately if somebody doesnt want any of it. i'm thinning my fleet down by 3 cars and this is on the chopping block one way or another, in pieces or whole

With such a bunch of vehicles in your stable, one has to wonder why the most unique car in the bunch has to go. Your TC looks very good, I know how well they drive and how quick the 16V is, having owned one myself. Of course, I still have my first TC, the red 89 8V.

Your 89 Chrysler TC 16V cabernet/ginger/black 'Q' body with only 60K miles sounds like a keeper. You have 3 'G' body cars so there is an overabundance of them, a 92 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T, an 85 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z, an 84 Chrysler Laser 2.2L TI turbo. Then also those other two, 91 GMC Syclone 4.3L turbo and and the 2006 Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle.

always been a G-body guy, the 84 is getting parted out this summer. the TC has to go. I also have another car not even on the list. The jeep is my daily driver, the 92 is my track car, the 85 is a project that i'm finishing and i have a 91 VW 16V gti that i'm also working on. The Syclone is just rarer than all and worth more and more by the minute as they actually are recognized by the automotive world. the TC i just dont want to make a daily driver out of and i don't want to spend money on it, i have so many new parts even stuff i didnt need like brand new brake system parts just sitting in boxes when rockauto did the big closeout on TC parts. one way or the other its out of my hair this summer, bigger fish to fry.

With such a bunch of vehicles in your stable, one has to wonder why the most unique car in the bunch has to go. Your TC looks very good, I know how well they drive and how quick the 16V is, having owned one myself. Of course, I still have my first TC, the red 89 8V.

Your 89 Chrysler TC 16V cabernet/ginger/black 'Q' body with only 60K miles sounds like a keeper. You have 3 'G' body cars so there is an overabundance of them, a 92 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T, an 85 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z, an 84 Chrysler Laser 2.2L TI turbo. Then also those other two, 91 GMC Syclone 4.3L turbo and and the 2006 Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BobFitz

With the auction prices up a bit and the topless season arriving I would at least give Ebay a shot rather than parting it out.

Just my $.02

Bob

I don't pay eBay for anything, my turbo z needs a fun new 16v motor.

That sounds like the best option for you anyway. Use the engine and I suppose trans in your turbo Z and sell the rest.

No, just the motor, the trans is too leisurely, I picked up a nice 520 this weekend with a 3.50 final drive and a nice flywheel to use. I have the rest. I already checked into a cal for my socketed board in the Z. With some fab work to the stock exhaust manifold and hybrid lines that motor is gonna have fun with the t2 turbo i have sitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...