More Local shows.....

Guest Kaber

We've been hitting the cruise/show events pretty hard. Last Saturday we went to the Franklin for the Warren County Kustoms Cruise it. It was awesome 600-700 cars, lots of people, even a guy walking a pig on a leash! We got a great spot and had a blast. There were two other early Rivs there too.

image_zps108b3d9c.jpg

image_zps2205b66f.jpg

image_zpse5b31a08.jpg

image_zps3cfa7103.jpg

We also hit a Monday night cruise in at Buffalo Wild Wings.

image_zps54a56ecc.jpg

image_zpsaad1409c.jpg

Yesterday we went to a local clubs show. The Asphalt Outlaws put on a hell of a show complete with Burnout Contest, and a guy walking around with a pet rat on his shoulder. We participated in the show, not the Burnouts LOL! It was a great. Adam won a top 40 award out of about 90 cars! Sadly we didn't take any pictures of the Riv at the show! But here is the award and some burnouts!

image_zpsb18de1f7.jpg

image_zps772a44cc.jpg

image_zps7ae81140.jpg

Tim

I really admire the stance & overall look of the white one. :cool:

Steve

It is pretty nice. The Firewall is painted and smoothed, Vintage air, Air Ride and lots of flash in the engine compartment. Here is a pic of it from a different show....

image_zps19050ad1.jpg

Tim

It is pretty nice. The Firewall is painted and smoothed, Vintage air, Air Ride and lots of flash in the engine compartment. Here is a pic of it from a different show....

Tim

Thanks for the second view, Tim. Nicely framed over the Cad rear! I love the body of the first gen cars but am not a purist. I think they look much better with a ride height adjustment; which has lead me to install an air ride system on my '65 as I also don't like bottoming out or scraping on speed bumps or steep driveway approaches. I had considered posting a thread on that project but anticipate a lack of interest on this forum.

On my latest road trip - in our '56 peekup - there were NO Rivs at either show. The only one I saw was a 2nd gen sitting in someones front yard in Idaho that appeared to have become part of the yard décor.

Steve

I just spotted two first-gen rivs a few days ago on the same street in different driveways in the next town over from me. I was excited to stop & talk car...but the damn wife was driving & couldn't get her to stop. She called me weird for wanting to knock on some strangers door to talk car. Maybe she's right but if I was alone I wouldn't have thought twice about stopping...

Steve, I was a little nervous about not being a purists myself & posting my build. I have learned there is a nice blend of folks from both sides here. I have also received PM's from purists who appreciate us non-purists who keep the Nailhead & the original over Riviera look...heck, my belief is that a reborn Rivi (any old car for that matter), stock or custom, will still catch the eye of a young boy/future classic car enthusiast as it did mine when I was 10 years old...post your air ride project...I wanna see

Thanks for the second view, Tim. Nicely framed over the Cad rear! I love the body of the first gen cars but am not a purist. I think they look much better with a ride height adjustment; which has lead me to install an air ride system on my '65 as I also don't like bottoming out or scraping on speed bumps or steep driveway approaches. I had considered posting a thread on that project but anticipate a lack of interest on this forum.

On my latest road trip - in our '56 peekup - there were NO Rivs at either show. The only one I saw was a 2nd gen sitting in someones front yard in Idaho that appeared to have become part of the yard décor.

Steve

Steve, like the others said, I would love to see some pics of your lowering project. As you know my Son's Riv is also NOT at stock ride height. We went the spring route but I am interested in an air system for other cars.

I believe this board is capable of accepting both stock and custom Rivs, Although I can't get any support for "Rivision", LOL!! Praise the Lowered!

2014-03-31122905_zps05f0de83.jpg

Tim