76 olds restoration parts catalogs

Joseph44

Hi Guys: I just purchased A 1976 OLDS 442 WITH THE 455CI MOTOR AND A TH400 TRNS WHAT I NEED IS SOME PARTS CATALOGS not that I want them asap,but for future references. Can anyone direct me to a site where I can get more history on this vehical I believe I read there were less than 10,000 made in 1976 but I would like more info. Thanks guys for any help I can get! Thanks to all!!

Hi Guys: I just purchased A 1976 OLDS 442 WITH THE 455CI MOTOR AND A TH400 TRNS WHAT I NEED IS SOME PARTS CATALOGS not that I want them asap,but for future references. Can anyone direct me to a site where I can get more history on this vehical I believe I read there were less than 10,000 made in 1976 but I would like more info. Thanks guys for any help I can get! Thanks to all!!

Congrats. I assume the VIN verifies that this is an original 455 car (should be the letter S - for 215 HP - or T - for 190 HP - in the fifth position of the VIN). The 1976 Cutlass was the best selling car in America that year, with nearly half a million sold (my, how the mighty have fallen). Unfortunately, the 73-77 cars aren't that popular so the aftermarket has not released much in the way of repro parts. You'll find some info in this Hemmings article, though be aware of the mis-information (like the supposed fact that the largest engine available in 1976 was the 403 - they should have said 1977). There is an attempt to collect a 1973-77 registry, at this site.

The best you can do is check with the usual repro parts sources. As the 64-72 cars continue to climb in value, more people are restoring the 73-77 cars and the 61-63 cars. OPGI has released a bunch of repro parts for the previously unsupported 61-63 cars, so there is hope.

By the way, does yours have swivel buckets?

Hin Joe and thanks for the heads up as far as the vin right now I can't find it but yes it does have swivel seats. Wasn't that the year they had the 260ci 5 spd andyou could get the 350ci with the th400 tranny. I'll let you know about the vin the vehical is headed to my sons home I'll let you know. Thanks again Joe for the information I didn't know they weren't that popular I like the body. Thanks Joe!!

The TH400 was not installed behind the 350 motor. Some heavy cars (Vista Cruisers, for example) with a 350 got a light-duty trans called the TH375, which was a TH400 case with light duty internals and a small output thaft. Don't confuse this trans with the TH375B, which is the beefed up TH350 trans that replaced it.

In any case, the VIN derivative stamp on the block and trans case will confirm originality of those components.

Thanks again Joe for your help I appreciate your input. In your opinion would this 76 be good to hold if engine and trans match would it be a keeper I know sheet metal I was told is hard to come by other parts are avalible. I looked in my Hemmings mag and saw a few places for parts Just asking your opinion. Thanks again!!

Thanks again Joe for your help I appreciate your input. In your opinion would this 76 be good to hold if engine and trans match would it be a keeper I know sheet metal I was told is hard to come by other parts are avalible. I looked in my Hemmings mag and saw a few places for parts Just asking your opinion. Thanks again!!

The 73-77 cars haven't really taken off in value, but a documented, numbers-matching big block car will definitely be at the top of the value list. If this were a V6 car, I wouldn't worry about it, but in this case, I'd definitely keep it original.

Thanks again Joe I'm going to my sons place in S C so I'll be able to check the 76 I'll let you know To insure the vehical it is only a few thousand from my 63 S S. I'll be in touch and let you know Joe. Thanks again Joe I appreciate all your help!!

Hi Joe: I figured when I bought the vehical an the fella asked if I wanted a 350 motor also I figured he changed motors he said the 350 runs with 4brrl mounted. I bought it fix and cruise with and show with my impala my sun shows a 58 t-bird. Thanks again for your help!