Any Ideas on make of car?

Vintman

Hi Folks,

Had this photo from Romania and we have not been able to identify the maker. No front brakes, nor can I see any on the back? Bulb horn but electric lighting on an open drive limousine. Perhaps the lights are a later addition. External handbrake but presumably internal gear lever. Turn type fasteners for the driver’s side ‘windows’; makes me think of UK. When the spare wheel hub is enlarged it could read NY or AK depending which way up. Looks more AK. There is an American AK which was a NY but I am not convinced this is American. Seems to have a Buick/Packard kink to the bonnet. Interesting slope to the upper side, uphill towards the front; seems horizontal at the hinge. Not sure what is behind the housing where there could be chain drive? Rad badge could be proud and eagle-ey.

Any thoughts would help !

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www,svvs.org

post-58492-14314268026_thumb.jpg

post-58492-143142680268_thumb.jpg

Hi Vintman, does not look like any Vauxhall radiator I am familiar with. I really don't know anything about what the smallest Vauxhalls of this period looked like ,but I would have thought they would have had a resemblance to the larger cars. The wheel hub emblem might be that of the wheel manufacturer rather than the car maker. Can you zoom in on the Rad. emblem?

Greg in Canada

Hi,

Thanks for all your thoughts. Vauxhall had flutes along the bonnet a bit like the early Chrysler. Relatively sure it is not a Vauxhall, otherwise out UK experts would have spotted it. Find attached a enlargement of the radiator badge. It comes from a relatively hi res photo but the detail is not of much help. I thought it seems a bit like the Haynes logo or to have wings?? If Germanic, would probably have twin headlamps/sidelamps. Photo is from Romania, and most photos from this source featured American made cars?? Has a bar between the headlamps. Guess it would be pre 1920 as no front brakes.

Regards

Vintman (UK)

post-58492-143142683777_thumb.jpg