Looking for Information on a 1934 Lincoln

TexRiv_63

During a Google search I came across a recent Amelia Island auction listing for what appears to be a very nice 1934 Lincoln K Club Sedan with a modern drivetrain. Here is the listing:

http://hollywoodwheelsauction.com/AmeliaIslandAuction/listings.php?make=Lincoln&model=Towncar&id=17

I need more info on this car if anyone has it, specifically more details on the car and who did the work on it, when was it done, did it sell at this auction, etc. I'd love to talk to the original owner / builder if possible. Thanks for any help you can offer.

post-51036-143142679593_thumb.jpg

It's not listed in the results/sales for this auction, so one would think it didn't sell there....not a fan of modifying Classic cars, that said this sure would go down the road well, wouldn't it? Think of the money invested in this thing, to buy a car and duplicate this would easily be more than $100K.....

Thanks David. I was attracted to this one because unlike most other hot rod attempts they actually left this very stock looking on the outside. Google search and posts on other forums indicate the car was built around 2007 and has been up for sale or auction a few times at high prices. I'm surprised that no one would know the details on this car, there can't be many (or any!) like it.

If anyone is worried about posting on here due to possible reprisals I'd love to converse with you via private message...

post-51036-143142684162_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, things are backwards now... A very nicely done resto-rod is worth more today than it's stock counterpart, with the exception of very high end value cars. I'm not a rod fan, but agree that the stock appearing exterior with modern drivetrain would be tempting.

No stone throwing, please!

Unfortunately, things are backwards now... A very nicely done resto-rod is worth more today than it's stock counterpart, with the exception of very high end value cars. I'm not a rod fan, but agree that the stock appearing exterior with modern drivetrain would be tempting.

No stone throwing, please!

Maybe the day after they are finished but not in 10 or 20 years.

Try this for size: 2 1932 Ford roadsters come up for sale.

#1 totally stock in every detail. Restored in the late 1980s

#2 has teal paint with a flash down the side, Toyota seats in gray tweed,Boyd Coddington billet wheels, Chev 350 crate motor and TH350 trans, Ford 9" rear axle and Mustang II front suspension. Date of build, late 1980s.

Both in equal condition, both with equal miles since restoration. Which is more desirable, more valuable, and will sell faster?

Both were in equal condition before being "restored" and both "restorations" cost the same.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

The spoiler here for me is the "•HYDRO BOOST POWER DISC FRONT END AND 9” LINCOLN REAR" makes it sound as if it has been subframed - that is pretty irreversible. If someone takes the time to build bolt on mounts for a modern engine and tranny ir's one thing - torching the frame is another.