Super Exstatic!!!!!!!!

Guest 39DodgeD11

Guest 39DodgeD11

well guys, after 4 years of not running and about a month and a half of replacing parts etc the 39 Dodge FINALLY crawled out of the garage and drove down the road (only about 8-9 miles total) to a local car show!!!! It was not a judged show, just a show and shine for a local town weekend event. Anyway, found out there that one of the other car owners actually recognized the car from the previous owner 20 years ago whose unfortunately deceased now. Was really cool to tank with her for a few min and learn some about the previous owner. Anyway, heres some pictures of the car at the show and prior to returning home with it. Mind you, i spent 8 hours a couple weekends ago buffing and cleaning car. Still not where i want it to be paint wise, but at least its shiny now :D

20140816_142309_zpszyyxvqgk.jpg

20140816_142328_zpsbq6bu2mk.jpg

20140816_142342_zps0yvnkw0w.jpg

20140816_142354_zpsqpk2rhnh.jpg

20140816_142414_zpsvsqnhznq.jpg

20140816_152120_zpszna6jrc1.jpg

20140816_160232_zpsagp8djek.jpg

20140816_160248_zpsag9dszjv.jpg

Like i said, paint still has a LONG ways to go before im happy with it, probably need a rotary buffer and "rocks in a bottle" to get the paint bace to being a pure white and looking correct.

Heres some more pics i took after getting the car home from the show

20140816_172801_zpsi81a6cvp.jpg

20140816_172924_zpslsus8b2k.jpg

20140816_172950_zpszcfjzgdr.jpg

20140816_173004_zpsqifv2hz3.jpg

20140816_173020_zpskhyb91dw.jpg

20140816_173429_zpstntyijwv.jpg

20140816_173507_zpshrsmxuqx.jpg

20140816_173642_zpszihujomg.jpg

and in case your wondering.....yes these cragar wheels are at LEAST 20 years old - probably older - and have never been polished until today, and yet they still came out looking like this....

20140816_173051_zps3etdndnd.jpg

Well there ya go guys, it was dead, but is now alive and heart is pumping good with a steady pulse and good blood pressure :D :D

Guest 39DodgeD11
"heart is pumping good with a steady pulse and good blood pressure" :D :D

You or the car???????

Looks Great! And you are enjoying the moment! Ain't life grand?

The car Bill - the car haha!

Nice lookin' ride........ :D

If that's the original paint job I'd STOP where you're at right now.........it's really pretty the way it is....... :cool:

I doubt it is the original color/paint, especially the bumpers. They would not have been painted.

Guest 39DodgeD11
I doubt it is the original color/paint, especially the bumpers. They would not have been painted.

Correct. Car was originally sea base green. Since then it's been red and its current white. I'd like to re paint. Just can't settle on a color. I'm thinking metallic "pearl" white or a dark green/blue or maybe a gold/champagne metallic. Def want something that would "fit" the car. Not a bright red/orange/green. It's not a street rod lol.

Correct. Car was originally sea base green. Since then it's been red and its current white. I'd like to re paint. Just can't settle on a color. I'm thinking metallic "pearl" white or a dark green/blue or maybe a gold/champagne metallic. Def want something that would "fit" the car. Not a bright red/orange/green. It's not a street rod lol.

For original color chips look here....http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1939-Dodge-pg01.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest 39DodgeD11

well guys, car made it 14 to 16 miles again tonight with car club to a dinner cruise, it never had a hiccup, not a single problem, just cruised right along with the best of em!!! Furthest its gone this year problem free!

well guys, car made it 14 to 16 miles again tonight with car club to a dinner cruise, it never had a hiccup, not a single problem, just cruised right along with the best of em!!! Furthest its gone this year problem free!

Nice looking ride isn't it great when ya get those aggravating bugs worked out?

I wonder what the chances are of finding the original type wheels and hub caps? To my eyes the wheels just look too modern for the car but please don't think I'm criticising; the car is great. You don't see too many original cars on the road these days.

Good for you:)

Ray.

Guest 39DodgeD11
I wonder what the chances are of finding the original type wheels and hub caps? To my eyes the wheels just look too modern for the car but please don't think I'm criticising; the car is great. You don't see too many original cars on the road these days.

Good for you:)

Ray.

chances are 100%.....original wheels and hubcaps were sold with car to my dad. we have them at my parents house in the basement - along with the original radio.

Guest 39DodgeD11
Next years Convention is in Ames Iowa

guess ill need to try and make an appearance next year, however the car wont be totally in show condition as many of yours guys' vehicles are.

I guess it depens on what you start with when you get the car.....unfortunately mine was a little worse for wear !! :)

Sometimes I look back and think.......what was I thinking !

You could have been thinking "if I don't save it someone will turn it into a hot rod of some kind"......

You have my deepest respect.

Ray.

• 8 months later...

Yep Those are Chevy tail lights I have the same ones on my 39 d11. I searched for years before I found NOS replacements. They have a terrible time with rusting out. I cant find any inner buckets I am planning on fabricating them when I get to replacing them. Don't be surprised to find them with a $300 too $400.00 price tag.