1991 Ford Bronco Fuel Sending Unit and Pump

I need to pull the sending unit from the tank to see if the unit or float are not working and while I'm there I thought it would be good to change the 23 year old fuel pump. Well, Motorcraft sending unit and fuel pump $300, Airtex fuel pump $65, Autobest fuel pump $48, APE fuel pump $38. Who are these companies? Can someone out there tell me what they have used and are happy with. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

It would be best to change the pump while its out so you do not have to do it twice,I installed the 90 fuel pump system in my 88 with a used pump and the sending unit went out. The sending unit is replacable from the pump assembly but I could not find one at the local parts stores but Jeffs Bronco graveyard has one for around 60 dollars,all I could find at the local parts stores was the pumps and not sure I want to spend 300 for the whole pump assembly.

• 1 month later...
Guest Big Dave

I'm looking for a 1985 Ford LTD/Country Squire Wagon 5.0 V-8 Sending Unit. 2" hole& 2/34" OD Lock Ring Style Fuel Outlet & pump at separate mounting hole. (OE electric pump converted to manual pump now. Any idea where I can find a unit?

Big Dave