2015 National Meet - Springfield, MO -June 10-13, 2015

MrEarl

Here is a map of the Ramada Inn including the layout of the show field and other planned events of the National Meet

141208 BCA 2015 Hotel Property Map - low res.pdf

Edited by MrEarl
my attempt of attaching the file failed so edited Brians to fit (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI RE: Show field Parking - Springfield will be Driven display and 400 pt integrated together arranged in 400pt classes which are roughly by year. Archival in its own class, mods in their own class. This is just like Portland.

edit by moderator) In order to keep this thread from becoming bogged down with this subject, previous posts made relative to parking can be found and discussed here

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/parking-2015-national-meet-springfield-386610.html

SEE UPDATE BELOW

Edited by MrEarl
add update message (see edit history)

UPDATE The Archival cars WILL be parked on the showfield with the other classes. No class will be forced to a separated parking spot because of the "class they are entered in". Judging might be a bit tougher but that can be worked out also and a plan is in place. This plan has my total support as well as John Steed's (our head judge). The goal is to present Buick from early to post war, and there wont be any profiling, all Buicks are equal. Hopefully this will help make Springfield a great meet. There could be some variance to this if needed, ie the Modified class if they want to. Will have to see how that shakes out. I know the Reatta division always wants to be separate but that wont be an issue due to all of the car being one of 4 years and they will still be with in what we are trying to do.

Chuck Kerls

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
UPDATE The Archival cars WILL be parked on the showfield with the other classes. No class will be forced to a separated parking spot because of the "class they are entered in". Judging might be a bit tougher but that can be worked out also and a plan is in place. This plan has my total support as well as John Steed's (our head judge). The goal is to present Buick from early to post war, and there wont be any profiling, all Buicks are equal. Hopefully this will help make Springfield a great meet. There could be some variance to this if needed, ie the Modified class if they want to. Will have to see how that shakes out. I know the Reatta division always wants to be separate but that wont be an issue due to all of the car being one of 4 years and they will still be with in what we are trying to do.

Chuck Kerls

Chuck: Understand this is NOT the case anymore. Can you enlighten us as to why. Thanks !

Bill McLaughlin

1929 McLaughlin Buick

Supporter of "All Together Parking by Era"

"Does anyone have any observations or further information about the various swap meet areas that will be available to vendors? I believe I read there was an indoor in the hotel, an indoor under cover in the parking ramp, and an outdoor. Thanks. John"

FYI, there is no parking ramp at this hotel. All of the parking areas are open, no cover. But there are indoor rooms also set aside for vendors who want an indoor space.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Chuck hasn't been on here since you posted Bill so I PM'd him to let him know someone had a question relative to parking.

Mr. Earl, I'll be pleased as punch If I can just park in the vicinity of all the fine Buicks that

are coming to the meet. They can put me anywhere in the lot.....even next door to the Mercury station wagon if there is one! I'm getting too old to sweat the small stuff......I'm glad to be alive so I can attend! I figure that if you've got something worth showing, the people who like

your model of car will find you! Who knows.....if you park next to the

Mercury wagon you might get to meet some fine folks!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Volunteers needed for 2015 Springfield National Meet. The Club is looking for help with parking cars, etc. We also need an experienced photographer or two. I am coordinating the volunteer effort and would love to hear from you. My email is cartoys@comcast.net and cell number is 617-838-3525 (please calls before 8:00PM eastern time)

Jack Welch

Edited by Buick3746c (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Is there any information out there about the tours this year? I couldn't locate anything on the BCA web site nor on threads here. I was (finally) filling out our registration and asked She Who Must Be Obeyed about the tours...she proceeded to ask me for details which I am unable to provide. There is usually a one paragraph description listed for each tour.

Thanks.

I have an extra room reservation for the National Meet that I now do not need. It is at the Hampton Inn 2750 N Glenstone in Springfield, room rate is $112/night for arrival on June 10 and departure June 13. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will see about transferring the reservation.

Geoff Lockett

BCA 46433

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 70GSX

Is there any provision for motorhome parking? Where will trailers be parked? Could we dry camp there?

I heard the host hotel will not allow RV overnight parking. However, you should call the hotel and clarify what they will or will not allow. There are several camp grounds nearby. Trailer parking will be nearby, at a site yet to be determined, until they see how many trailers are expected. That decision should be forthcoming soon, as the deadline is approaching fast.

Thanks Roy. You may need to give me a kick in the pants...haven't gotten mine in yet. It is almost filled in, but need to scan and send to you.

Chuck - apparently I'm confused or blind or something. I can't find anything in MrEarl's post with details about the tours. I think we've decided to do the winery / brewery tour...it is relatively self-explanatory.

Take care.

Guest 70GSX
I heard the host hotel will not allow RV overnight parking. However, you should call the hotel and clarify what they will or will not allow. There are several camp grounds nearby. Trailer parking will be nearby, at a site yet to be determined, until they see how many trailers are expected. That decision should be forthcoming soon, as the deadline is approaching fast.

Would like info about nearby campgrounds. Anyone else traveling with a motorhome?

I'm curious what days the Vendor Area is open. I didn't see this listed on the registration form.

Thanks

typically Tuesday is setup and vending starts Wednesday by Thursday mist vendors are there and typically most fold up mid day Saturday.

Are you vending or buying?

• 2 weeks later...

JUNIOR JUDGING PROGRAM @ THE 2015 National Meet

The Junior Judging Program, open to all youngsters, 12 thru 18, will be offered at the BCA National Meet in Springfield, MO.

You must attend the Judge’s Training Seminar on Friday @2pm at the Oasis Convention Center and the Saturday Judges Breakfast @7am at the Oasis Center., The youngsters will be assigned to BCA judging teams, who will assist you as you learn the BCA 400 point judging system. This experience should add to your growing knowledge and understanding of older cars. Any questions, and if you know now you plan to attend, please contact me:

Jerry Bodden, BCA 1518

815/862 0002 home

336/508 4783 cell

jbsbuix@gmail.com

• Like 1

Kissing cousins, and they're both coming to Springfield, under their own power, for their first BCA national meet appearance. Both have similar stories, both were barn finds, both are completely unrestored, both slept in separate barns for over 40 years.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-77451-0-62080800-1433032473_thumb.j

post-77451-0-10780500-1433032486_thumb.j

post-77451-0-03278600-1433032502_thumb.j

post-77451-0-07660300-1433032525_thumb.j

A friend, Jon Henry has a post by Pete under hauling with an empty trailer going from MA to Springfield, MO for the meet o if you have anything to move. give him a call.  He is going on to Montana, so could take something  to Montana or someplace nearby, from anywhere in the northeast.  Phone number is 508.245.9093.

John

Edited by jscheib (see edit history)

Chad, John is correct.  There is a standard $35 fee for BCA members which all registrants must pay, no matter what they intend to do at the show.  This fee primarily is used to offset the cost of the show.  Then a Car Corral space is an additional $25, and you can park your car there from Wednesday thru Saturday.  Although the registration deadline has passed, we can still get you registered.  Just fill out the registration form and send it by email to BuickNationals@verizon.net.  If you don't know how to scan it, just send the information in a standard email.  You can pay by credit card or at the show.