2015 National Meet - Springfield, MO -June 10-13, 2015

MrEarl

2015 BCA National Meet will be held at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Oasis Convention Center

Host Hotel: Ramada Plaza Hotel, 2646 North Glenstone, Springfield, Missouri 65803

Map>http://forums.aaca.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=289208&d=1420291938

(888) 532-4338 - www.ramadaoasis.com

BCA Room Rate $95 - Breakfast included

post-31987-143142678641_thumb.jpg

Edited 1/2/15 to include map of host hotel

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

well mr. earl, i hope to get a chance to meet you there, i live just down the road from sprinfield, mo. do you think mr. coker will be there ?.

charles coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordnator

Sadly I don't think Bob will be able to make it but you can never tell about that ol' cod. Le's hope so.

I was thinking that the national BCA is in charge? Just wonder.

Dale in Indy

Actually, the National Meet Committee is in charge of virtually everything National Meet related. Jerry Courson is Meet Director for Springfield, MO.

Volunteers for the meet are welcome from any and all chapters, not just the chapters in the local area. Meet profits are shared with the volunteers' local chapters.

Guest goodguy4life

I plan on coming with my Buick buddies from KC. 1st showing for my just restored 41 Roadmaster.Excited to meet other's and learn

Guest 4 bufords
That will make a nice tour. The Electra class is gonna be big I think.

what are the overflow hotels for the 2015 meet?4 bufords from ct

Just checked the map for other hotels.... HOME STAY is across the street. To the North, Holiday Inn is within walking distance and Hampton Inn is next to Holiday Inn.

To the south nothing close on East side but there is a Best Western on the West side of the street.

The Ramada told me they were completely out of rooms for 6-11 & 6-12 Went online to tripadvisor and was able to book 5 nights without trouble at the same BCA rate plus local taxes (which I presume will be added to the BCA rate if you get that)

Guest 4 bufords
Just checked the map for other hotels.... HOME STAY is across the street. To the North, Holiday Inn is within walking distance and Hampton Inn is next to Holiday Inn.

To the south nothing close on East side but there is a Best Western on the West side of the street.

The Ramada told me they were completely out of rooms for 6-11 & 6-12 Went online to tripadvisor and was able to book 5 nights without trouble at the same BCA rate plus local taxes (which I presume will be added to the BCA rate if you get that)

any phone info for hotels in springfield,mo for 2015 meet?thanks,4 bufords from ct

Don and all, here is a link to a site for all the hotels in Springfield: http://www.springfieldmo.org/lodging?region=NE

This comes from a Northeast Search, but may bring up all the hotels. Find any with a Northeast extension in the label, and just click on the Northeast. I have booked a 4 day stay at the Drury Inn, and am on a waiting list for the host hotel. There must be a graduation at nearby university at the same time as our Meet cause the host hotel has no rooms for Thursday the 11th nor Sunday the 15th. And a search on the above site for hotels in the northeast using that date range turned up no hotels available. Sheesh!

It's Steak N Shake, hehe, I was raised a block from the original in Normal, Il. My wife of 54 years grandmother was the founders sec, and started CURB service in late 30s.

My father sold Gus Belt the founder new Buick's for years, I could look out my bedroom window and see Steak N Shake.

We will be in Sprigfield,

Dale in Indy

I think that other big hotel is the Holiday Inn. My wife was searching around today and we found, and booked, a room at the Hampton Inn next door to the Holiday Inn, as Barney mentioned earlier. We cancelled the Drury Inn and will save a few bucks plus have a larger room. Unless the host hotel opens up this will be it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an up date on the meet in Sprinfield. The Ramada Plaza Hotel is almost sold out so make sure you call to check availability We have secured overflow rooms at the Holiday Inn at 2720 North Glenstone which is just accross the street from the Ramada Inn. You can contact the Holiday Inn direct at (417) 865-8600. The room rate will be the same as the Ramada $95.00. To get that rate you must ask Buick Club rate.

Springfield is a very busy place during the summer so reserve your room asap. The Buick rate at the Holiday Inn does not include breakfast.

See ya in MO.

Chuck Kerls

Edited by Booreatta (see edit history)

Just talked to the host hotel and they still have a couple of rooms available for Saturday nite June the 13th only. Other than that they are sold out

There are still rooms available at the Holiday Inn at this time call and make your reservations asap. Being so close to Branson those rooms will fill fast

Just an FYI

Chuck Kerls

I came through Springfield last week. Here are some photos of the host hotel and its parking areas. Very nice place. The meeting room area has been enlarged since I was last there, which means some parking spaces have been lost, but there is still room to have the car show and the vendor spaces and some other parking in the parking lot.

There are many other motels and hotels within walking distance--I think I counted 7 or 8 others. Among them are: Holiday Inn, Drury Inn, La Quinta, Candlewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, and Econo-Lodge. That last one might be a longer walk, but is within 2 or 3 blocks.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

post-32059-143142751039_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142751049_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14314275106_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14314275107_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142751081_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14314275109_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142751039_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142751049_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14314275106_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14314275107_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143142751081_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14314275109_thumb.jpg

Up date on overflow hotels. The Best Western plus Coach House which is across the street from the host hotel. They have offered a rate of $79.99 per night which does include a complimentary breakfast. Free internet 2 outside pools and a business center. You can make call direct at 417-862-0701 Address is 2535 N Glenstone Ave. You will need to mention the BCA when you make your plans

See ya in Springfield

Chuck Kerls

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick up date on rooms in Springfield Mo National meet. The Double Tree will make rooms available for Friday and Saturday night only . Their regular rate is $149.00 and on Friday and Saturday night those rooms will be available for $99.00 for those nights only. Call direct to book a room at 417-831-3131. You must tell them you need the Buick Club rate. Their address is 2431 N Glenstone Springfield.

AGAIN THESE ROOMS ARE FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY

• 2 months later...
Just a quick up date on rooms in Springfield Mo National meet. The Double Tree will make rooms available for Friday and Saturday night only . Their regular rate is $149.00 and on Friday and Saturday night those rooms will be available for $99.00 for those nights only. Call direct to book a room at 417-831-3131. You must tell them you need the Buick Club rate. Their address is 2431 N Glenstone Springfield.

AGAIN THESE ROOMS ARE FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY

I just got a room at the La Quinta which is only a block away from

the host hotel at their over 55 rate of 89.00 a night. They are directly across

the street from the host hotel and maybe a couple of hundred yards away.