1918 Buick E 45 2 door roadster

Guest casianobill@hotmail.com

Hello Members,

I just posted some pics of my 1918 E44 roadster on my original post from last week, I am trying to find the current market value of my car. If any member can help me out i will appreciated. I also trying to locate a crank handle so i can start the engine; or if someone can give the dimensions on a drawing that will be great. I am also looking for a wheel bearing cap.

Thanks to all who can help

Edited by casianobill@hotmail.com (see edit history)

casianobill, It is difficult to put a price on these cars. Depending on the age of the restoration, wether it was a professional or amateur restoration, how well the car is running, the exterior and interior condition. How original and complete the car is, the history of the car and wether the seller is in a hurry to make a sale. The car on the right is a full recent restoration, but on the market for a considerable period of time, asking price $29,500.

Car on the left 1970,s restoration, engine not running very well, paint needing work, advertised for $20,000. Sold in middle teens.

post-64273-143142678377_thumb.jpg

post-64273-143142678383_thumb.jpg

I believe your car is worth less in today's market than the car pictured on the left that sold mid-teens price, as you car needs paint work (left front fender missing some paint?), panel fit doesn't appear quite as good (driver door not latching, cord to hold?), needs a new top.....so that puts the value of yours theoretically in the $10,000-12,000 range.....nice car, unfortunately in the year range (1916-1927 or so) that is neither Horseless Carriage nor into styling and Classic years....some great cars made during that time, just not as desirable in today's market as earlier and later cars...

In my opinion, David is right on the price that it will bring. You can always ask for more, and hope for the best. Was it a flood damaged car?

No sir, the car is not a flood damaged car, on my original post i said that the car has been used as prop in the front lobby on one of the Walt Disney World Resort here in Florida since 1994. Thank you for your reply,

No sir, the car is not a flood damaged car, on my original post i said that the car has been used as prop in the front lobby on one of the Walt <nobr style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 15.989999771118164px;">Disney World</nobr> Resort here in Florida since 1994. Thank you for your reply,

No sir, the car is not a flood damaged car, on my original post i said that the car has been used as prop in the front lobby on one of the Walt <nobr style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 15.989999771118164px; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">Disney World</nobr> Resort here in Florida since 1994. Thank you for your reply,

Edited by casianobill@hotmail.com (see edit history)

I think the connection to Disney is intersting, but hard to say that it adds any value to the car.....maybe if there's good documentation someone would value that...

This is a good thread for anyone to read before buying a late teens or twenties common car. No market, no appreciable worth other than pure enjoyment. If you can afford it go for it but do not think that buying is a good investment in a monetary sense.

Been there done that but still enjoy driving my last Buick

IMO, That is truly a car to buy, drive, and enjoy. The master of that series car is Dandy Dave and the Chartruse Lady. As he might say, drive it like you stole it. Buicks are made to be driven.

Would like to have the car, but I already have a number of projects to complete before I take on any more.