I broke my trunk handle on my 39 Commander???

I doubt that he has a part number or any way to identify the part. Before you go that route you should try vendors such as Bob Kaptyn (might have spelled that incorrectly, Vern Ediger, and others. Post on the Studebaker Swap page and the Studebaker Drivers Club forum. If those sources searches fail then get measurements and get on the internet looking for locking t handles. Search the internet for Studebaker vendors.

post-48099-143142681467_thumb.jpegI have N.O.S. handles , you have to transfer the lock etc. For $90.00

Good used needs re-plating $50.00

N.o.s. bare , no plating as used on some of the cheap models $60.00

I do not have a number on this so make sure that it is what you need.

For lock with original "Studebaker" keys and internals add $50.00

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker@mac.com

Edited by rbk
Added picture (see edit history)

Yes I sure do need the handle for a 39 Commander. Can I call you. I have been out of town for a week. Just got back today.I want to get this fixed.

Ken

Read the post from Richard Quinn.

The handle I posted was for a 1940.

I still have not found a 1939.

Thanks

Robert Kapteyn

Ken, Greetings from York PA. Finished repairing your trunk handle this afternoon and it should be stronger then new, which is not saying much as the original design was rather poor. I even repaired the lock and it should work as new. Am leaving for AACA sentimental tour on Sat. AM and will try to ship if I have time. See you on Glidden tour. Jerry Kurtz