Redline tires...

Guest Im4darush

Guest Im4darush

I know these were not available on the first gen riv, but I remember seeing a bamboo cream 65 GS with a set of redlines that just looked fantastic. They looked to be the BFG variety now available but for some reason just gave the car a completely different look. The white wall is classy, but the red gave it a sporty look. Anyway, I cant find pictures of this car anywhere. Anyone know, or have pics of it?

I have a bamboo cream and am thinking about these.

I know these were not available on the first gen riv, but I remember seeing a bamboo cream 65 GS with a set of redlines that just looked fantastic. They looked to be the BFG variety now available but for some reason just gave the car a completely different look. The white wall is classy, but the red gave it a sporty look. Anyway, I cant find pictures of this car anywhere. Anyone know, or have pics of it?

I have a bamboo cream and am thinking about these.

I put redlines on my car recently. They are 225-75-15 Toyo radials from Diamondback Tires. I've had a lot of nice comments on them

at car shows. Diamondback can also do the triple whitewalls that are correct for these cars. Back in 1970 when I was going to the University of Texas at Austin, there was a lady who worked in the state capitol building who drove a 65 Riviera GS in Bamboo Cream with a black vinyl top and Road Wheels with redline tires. I never forgot how great that car looked and it was the inspiration for putting them on my car. Here they are on my car.....

post-102001-143142675968_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142675973_thumb.jpg

Guest Im4darush

Looks great. Gives it a completely different personality.

When I saw the picture of the bamboo car with the redlines, I thought the same thing. Seeing how they look on yours just about made up my mind.

If I could find the vinyl top moldings for my car, I would get one put on for sure. These cars looked incredible with the vynil top!!

Could a person order a '65 Riviera with red line tires from the factory?

Na - first available in 8.45x15 on the 66 with GS option. Not included in the GS package but as an option to it. Not available as an option unless GS was ordered.

In 67/68 the redline option was same, GS only, but was a Wide Oval redline in an H70 size.

No longer available in 69 according to posted option listings on the website.

I have seen original H-70 redlines but never a 8.45x15 redline so if someone has a pic I'd like to see it please.

Guest clamshells

For what it is worth............I am split between white letters and redlines on my 65 GS. The red on the Gran Sport badges and the Redline tire idea grabs me. I know of the car you speak of but I cannot find it anywhere and yes it looked flipping great!

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks guys for the info. The Riv looks pretty cool with them; especially the '64 shown in pic 3 with black paint and red pin stripping!

OK Riviera People: Here I go again. In 1969 my 66 white Lesabre coupe needed a set of tires. I asked my father if I could have red lines and he agreed as long as the price was the same I could. Well, I got the red lines and at first I thought, WOW! A little bit of a performance look.

So I get a flat and changed the tire with the original spare. I looked at that car and immediately asked myself....why did I get those red line tires? Needless to say I got a set of whitewalls soon after, put on a set of wire caps and I was happy . What was a nice looking car was now a really nice looking car.

So you ask what happened with all that? I put the wire caps on a 65 Riv GS, put the stock caps back on the Lesabre, sold the 65 Riv, gave my parents the Lesabre and moved away a short time later. Mitch

Im4darush,

I think the redlines would look great against the bamboo cream. I've been toying with the idea of running a set of redlines myself. My Riv has silver paint and the deluxe wheelcovers, I think a set of redlines would really pop. I like that GS look, about 1 inch lower all around, red lines, gives the car a little attitude.

Seafoam,

If you don't mind, what did those redlines set you back?

Thx, Dave

Im4darush,

I think the redlines would look great against the bamboo cream. I've been toying with the idea of running a set of redlines myself. My Riv has silver paint and the deluxe wheelcovers, I think a set of redlines would really pop. I like that GS look, about 1 inch lower all around, red lines, gives the car a little attitude.

Seafoam,

If you don't mind, what did those redlines set you back?

Thx, Dave

A set of 4 shipped cost me 900.00. There is no place else that you can get a 225-75-15 redline other than Diamondback tires, and that

is the closest size to the original tires on these cars. they are actually TOYO radials, which is a very high quality tire. They are smooth as silk at 80 miles per hour, they handle fantastic and ride very smooth. Personally I like redlines on these cars, but if you are going to go with whitewalls then the only way

to go in my opinion is with these Diamondback Toyo tires with a triple whitewall.

Guest Im4darush
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264695[/ATTACH] Now that you mention it - I think my car would look good with Redlines !

Love that vinyl top!! GS emblems are red, so yes, redlines would look great. I saw a picture of such a car and it was fantastic. Too bad I cant find it now.

I like the V/T as well . They look great in my opinion but also they are rare ! The V/T was only available in Black and came out as an option mid year 65 . The correct V/T trim is hard to find , I just bought a set for 300.00 just in case I get another car some day ???

What you can't see in that photo is that the car has the deluxe Dark Green interior like my car. I believe that Dick changed the color of the car from white with

green interior to bamboo cream with green interior and he added the vinyl top. I think that is an awesome color combo, and I would be extremely tempted to do the same

with my car if I ever did an exterior repaint. Dick, do you have any pictures shot looking through the window that shows the bamboo cream exterior and the dark green interior

in the same photo? I would love to see how they look together. The picture I would like to see would be something like these.....

post-102001-14314267715_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142677155_thumb.jpg