Weight for 1935 KC

jimy

• 3 weeks later...
Can you post pictures of your truck?

The first 3 pics are after restoring the body back to normal, the last pic is before we started. I bought this truck in TX. back in 1963

and saved it for my retirement. So now I am restoring the outside to original and installing a 5.3 Chevy truck engine & 4L60E trans.We have a

long way to go, we are using the original front brakes & 76 Nova rear end. All of the the 2001 truck's stuff, computer, fuel injection, fuel tank &

instrument cluster. We have a 87 Chevy truck steering asm and a chrome booster & master brake cyl. and electric windows.

This is why I need 2 banjo bolts for the front brake hoses, someone out there is converting to MS2 front end and has these bolts.

Thanks for the response..................

post-102798-143142704521_thumb.jpg

post-102798-143142704525_thumb.jpg

post-102798-14314270453_thumb.jpg

post-102798-143142704534_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I ended up putting down a number pretty similar to that for my weight and was happy to get the truck registered for the first time since perhaps 1948. I was a little surprised the DMV let me register by engine number (the frame VIN seems long gone). Hopefully my "transferable registration" will arrive in the mail as expected and I will be set for good.

Francis - if you have any of the original hubcaps and are willing to part with them, let me know...

Jim

Thanks for the reply. I ended up putting down a number pretty similar to that for my weight and was happy to get the truck registered for the first time since perhaps 1948. I was a little surprised the DMV let me register by engine number (the frame VIN seems long gone). Hopefully my "transferable registration" will arrive in the mail as expected and I will be set for good.

Francis - if you have any of the original hubcaps and are willing to part with them, let me know...

Jim

My truck didn't have wheels, motor or trans, or any interior, when I bought it back in 1963. Sorry

• 4 weeks later...
Just had a customer drop by our shop with a 35 1st series.

2850 lbs

Well when I had my weighted there was no interior just a bucket seat and low on gas & skinny tires. I was in the Air Force with not much money.

After I complete this frame up restore, I'll check the weight to see if it gained any extra weight like me. I don't think it will weight the same since

I'll have a 5.3 Chevy engine with the 25 gal gas tank in the bed and good interior w/buckets seats. But close to 300hp.