My Chrysler cruises fine until about 50 mph then it starts to shake. Alignment and wheel balance have been checked. btw, new Coker radial whitewall tires. I also have a sluggish clutch release. A delay of a few seconds before the clutch fully pops out. Any ideas on these problems? Thanks in advance.

Guest GreatGazi
My Chrysler cruises fine until about 50 mph then it starts to shake. Alignment and wheel balance have been checked. btw, new Coker radial whitewall tires. I also have a sluggish clutch release. A delay of a few seconds before the clutch fully pops out. Any ideas on these problems? Thanks in advance.

I had the same shaking problem with my 1950 Windsor at around 50 mph until I installed Coker radials. Now the shaking has stopped but the wheel covers tend to "creep" around the rims, deforming, and in one instance dislodging the valve stem. There was no creep with the previously installed bias ply tires, which looked new but were in fact about 20 years old. Have you noticed wheel cover creep?

Guest GreatGazi
Yes, mine do the same. I'm going to get some tire stem covers (saw them on eBay) that should take care of that.

Thanks for the tip, I had not heard of tire stem covers