1927 Chandler Knight Parts

Guest cbidlack

Guest cbidlack

Hello All,

I just got a new to me 1927 Chandler Knight. I am going to making it into a rad rod but I will have a lot of parts that I will not be using. below is a list of items that I will be selling, if you are looking for a part that is not on the list just ask if I have it. please let anyone you can think of know I have the parts for this car, I want them to be used again. Thank you

complete brake system

rear end

front suspension

Inline 6 cylinder motor(TURNS over just fine) complete

transmission

door window parts

Edited by cbidlack (see edit history)

Wow, that's a rare car. Once you destroy this one the others remaining will be even more rare, more valuable. Should make their owners happy.

But I am glad you are offering the leftover parts on this forum. Thank you for that and I hope your project turns out as nice as you envision.

Don

Guest cbidlack

that is what I was told the car is. the data plate is there but nothing can be seen. I can make out some of the numbers but that is about it. I know there is a crest on the radiator cover.

post-102374-143142681068_thumb.jpg

post-102374-143142681091_thumb.jpg

Here's a 28. I tried to find any reference to Chandler Knight and came up empty. The Knight engine was known for silent operation from the use of sleeves for valves and several companies adopted it and added it to their name. The most famous was Willys Knight. There also was a Falcon Knight, Stearns Knight and Silent Knight. Stoddard Dayton used it but didn't add it to their name. There were also some European cars that used it.

That radiator emblem doesn't look right, perhaps somebody got it from a Knight engine equipped car and put it on to make people think that's what it had.

1928_Chandler_Four_Door_Sedan.jpg

The radiator emblem is correct for Chandler. The 1928 has the smaller exterior visor like the car in question. Could not find a photo of a car with those features and vertical hood side louvers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Danny, Looking gat the original poster's profile it appears he has not visited the forum since 2014 so is not likely to see your post. You could try to send him s private message. If he is still using the same email address it might reach him.

Don