90 coupe new electronic problem, temporary

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

For the last week or so if I haven't driven the car for a day or so when I start it, cranks right up. However the A/C panel is dark, air is coming from windshield vents and electrical problem is illuminated. After 40 seconds to two minutes the A/C panel comes alive, air comes from dash vents and electrical problem light turns off. For the rest of the day I have no problem. Any body else heard of this? My bcm may be wonky, I also lost courtesy lights about a month ago, I figured it was a failed ground splice under pass seat, have not been able to remove seat ny myself.

MANY THANKS TO ALL

Richard.

Ps I found a local person who details cars, he was recommended by a friend who has 8 or 9 perfect cars from a 57 t bird, 59 Fairlane retractable. Most modern is a 70 Skylark vert fully optioned and on his recommendation I let him loose on my Reatta. He detailed engine, vacuumed car from the passenger compartment, vacuumed the trunk then cleaned carpets, cleaned leather seats then conditioned them. Washed then clayed the car and waxed it. Total bill, $50.00 car looks fantastic. If you live in the south Florida area email me and I will pass on his info, to top it off my car is black which shows all flaws.

Richard,

All that for 50 bux!? WOW.

I really need to consider moving to Florida.

I paid 100 in advance and dropped off the car at a local detail establishment.

They didn't touch the engine or shampoo carpet.

Picked up the car in the AM and found the windshield so streaked I couldn't see with the sun beaming in.

Had to get the guy to come out and clean the glass again. Never went back.

I've since done my own. Haven't had any complaints.

Just finished my '90 yesterday. Took all day to do the exterior.

Used a creeper to go around the lower exterior with bug and tar remover and did other stuff like that.

If I had to pay myself... I couldn't afford me! :) But, I wouldn't charge as much as this guy....

Where To Get Your Lambo Washed

Posted May 3rd 2006 4:03PM by Deidre Woollard

How much would you pay for a car wash? The Guardian has an article on Paul Dalton, who runs a company called Miracle Detail that gives what may be one of the most expensive car washes in the world. It costs £5,000 ($9,198) for his Pinnacle car wash. It's the service Rod Stewart uses to polish up his Ferrari Enzo. The 52-step process includes multiple washes, pampering with gentle towels and even the use of a depth gauge that lets Dalton measure the paint thickness so he can smooth out the scratches without messing up the finish. He waxes with a special kind of Zymöl wax that costs £7,000 a tube and Dalton keeps in a safe in his fridge. It is made with 73% carnauba wax from the Brazilian rainforest and just a few tablespoons work on the whole car. His website has a photo gallery full of the super glossy results.

Oops, sorry... I can't help you with your original post problem.

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

Guest Mc_Reatta

Hopefully it's just a poor connection to the controller. Try pulling it out and cleaning the contacts in the connectors and reseating. Could also check the ground posts under the hood if you haven't in a while. ROJ should have info on how to do these tasks.

Worst case your controller is dieing slowly and a replacement is in your future.