LEDs are the way to go.

D-a-n-i-e-l

Daniel,

Any details (price, vendor, etc.)? I may be interested in doing this as both 88's could use new headlights and I like the idea of lowering the load as well as the improved light output. Was about to put silverstars in but may wait now.

KDirk

Guest PontiacDude210

I would like info too. I have projectors on my 90 and I hate them. Are these sealed in the back? My big problem with my projectors is they leak around the wiring clip.

Not bad. Compared to the GE nighthawk lamps and the Phillips both at over $500/pair. I do wonder about the beam patnter and cutoff though. The GE and Phillips seem designed to account for that, where these are an array of front facing LED elements with individual parabolas. At first glance, it looks like it would throw a fairly "tall" beam, possibly irritating oncoming traffic.

Daniel, have you run these yet and had any feedback? I'm curious how they are perceived at a distance by oncoming drivers versus just doing an aim check against a wall or garage door. Are they officially legal for on-road use? A lot of this new bleeding edge auto lighting is grey-area, in that the small print states for-off road use only.

KDirk