speedster gas tank

just me

At a guess, the tank looks to be about 14" diameter x 30" long, capacity would be 20-25 gallons. I tried to scale from the wheels, assuming they were about 34" o.d. You might be able to buy one, but it's easy enough to buy two 304 stainless steel dished heads (2:1 elliptical) and a 14" dia. x 3/16" thick roll-up that's 25-30" long and have them welded by a good shop. Try Brighton Tru-Edge for the heads and roll-up; they are a quality house. They can even weld the tank for you and leak test it.

Try Googling "flip top gas cap" and search on Ebay for the filler.

Charley, If you want to fabricate your own, go to a propane distributor and get a couple of dome covers from an old tank, they gave them to me. I rolled the shell, from 12 gauge sheet steel, and welded in the covers as ends. Being a non pressurized gravity system I sealed the interior with gas tank sealer, painted it , put it on the car and it's not leaking after 15-16 years.--Bob

I have one that appears to be from a 1915-16 Stutz. clearly has the two correct fillers with caps. It is not beyond repair. I have photos which are easy to send by email, but insertion on this forum by the process required is something I do not have spare time to learn.

As a follow up to Layden's suggestion try Rootlieb in CA, you can google them and download the catalog; I tried but apparently the attachment is too big. They also make a few versions of the Torpedo tank (factory sporty Ford T), with at least one with a 26" length so the extra 3 inches may get you closer to where you need to be.

As an aside, if you fabricate your own, Langs, Rootlieb, etc. have fillers that would likely work for you as well.