Help identifying a car for my grandmother! pic circa 1926

Guest stendoty

Guest stendoty

Hello and thanks in advance for any help in this identification.

My grandmother has asked me to help her identify the car in the attached picture. The picture is of her mother Nell taken in 1926 in front of the family car. The picture is very dear to my grandmother and she gazes at it every day as she is very sick and bedridden and the picture hangs on the wall in front of her bed.

I don't know anything about cars so I thought I would ask for anyone's opinion on what kind of car it is, and if there is any identifying part of the car to tell the year? Thanks again for any advice!

post-102276-14314265608_thumb.jpg

Guest Hupps4ever
Hello and thanks in advance for any help in this identification.

My grandmother has asked me to help her identify the car in the attached picture. The picture is of her mother Nell taken in 1926 in front of the family car. The picture is very dear to my grandmother and she gazes at it every day as she is very sick and bedridden and the picture hangs on the wall in front of her bed.

I don't know anything about cars so I thought I would ask for anyone's opinion on what kind of car it is, and if there is any identifying part of the car to tell the year? Thanks again for any advice!

The model T Ford appears to have a cowl "vent" to fill the gas tank which would make a 1926 or '27.

Hupps4ever,

The 1924 coupe pictured by keiser31 also has a cowl ventilator ( so did ForDor sedans), it is a real ventilator, the gas tank is not in the cowl. Yes 1926-27 cars moved the tank to the cowl and that lid does double duty, vent and filler.

The headlamp bar is indeed an accessory on the 1924-25 coupe or Fordor, I cannot tell which.