Exhaust system vendor - Buyer BEWARE!!!

RockinRiviDad

I posted this thread earlier & it disappeared...was it taken off by the forum bosses? Am I not suppose to warn my fellow forum brothers??

Lets try this again...
For those following my build thread, thank you. You guys know I recently purchased an aluminized 2-1/4" Gran Sport exhaust (minus both resonators & transverse muffler) from (name removed by moderator. If you would like more information please contact RockinRiviDad via PM or email), a vendor in the back of our club mag the Riview. You would think they are a reputable organization, right? NOT!

The exhaust arrived in a reasonable time frame & looked amazing, I was excited. When I finally began to mock it up for install I found a couple of problems, I placed a call & left a message with said company.

One problem was that all the holes in the exhaust manifold mounting flanges were too small (third pic shows how much of the hole I had to grind away). The other problem was that two of the mandrel bends on each side were over bent causing the resonator elimination pipes to end up right into the tread of my rear stock tires. I failed to take a pic of my stock wheel & tire in place but u get the idea with the second pic I posted.

After leaving 4 voice mail messages & 1 email thru said company's website & not hearing back from them I decided to ask for help from my friends shop. With a bit of modding (cutting, bending & sectioning) we were able to make this exhaust work...

I did not receive a receipt or any printed directions with my purchase. Directions? I say directions cuz that is all I asked for on all 4 messages that I left this guy. Just a little direction on what to do, even if that direction was to "go pound sand" OR "your on your own, sonny" at least I would have had a returned phone call....#%@& %$#@!!!

bottom line,
this vendor has very poor customer service & sells a product that is not quite right without modding...BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK...or simply buy from the pro's WALDRON'S

2DA1E819-788A-4DA1-B0CC-081E1829CE2B.jpeg.2c8c4164a1c7b6c399a9015ea6ad5693.jpeg

4FB94DFD-CEC3-42B9-841D-8268943D0F53.jpeg.fe011d7caa86d0939dc58e8c4973b6b1.jpeg

7A88CB24-885A-48F4-BFB2-CE0D05A399A9.jpeg.6277f733f1b8677809a739562f45dba8.jpeg

; 2 Minutes Ago at 22:32.
David
'65 Riviera, Deluxe Interior, A/C
ROA #13944
Edited by RockinRiviDad
edited to make comply with AACA rules re defamatory remarks toward vendor (see edit history)

If that is the one in "Ohio" I drove and met them,they had my exhaust from my 55 for 3 weeks and did nothing but give lots of excuses{vacation,hunting,somebody didn't come in etc.etc.etc.}I think all they wanted was to get my pattern,long story short I drove the "1 hour" across I 90 into Ohio and picked it back up and got nothing!! THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CLOWNS!!!!!!!

Guest Skyking

I'm surprised they didn't answer the phone and tell you that you're the only person that had the problem. That's the answers I always get.

This kinder/gentler world theory doesn't always work out. If a vendor is in the wrong how do we spread the word?? So if I wouldn't try to post this then someone else will get bit…

I get it…but I don't…

If this vendor is not willing to give the customer service you think is appropriate, or is advertising something that doesn't work as advertised, send and email to Ray Knott, director of the ROA, explaining the problems you're having. He can't get your problems fixed but he will refuse to run any future ads for the vendor in the Riview. That's about as good as it gets at this time.

Ray's email address is on the ROA website; a link to the website is in my signature.

At this moment, I'm working on a similar psituation - poor fit, poor customer service - with the bumper fillers for the 79 - 85 Rivieras.

55 SURVIVOR said:
If that is the one in "Ohio" I drove and met them,they had my exhaust from my 55 for 3 weeks and did nothing but give lots of excuses{vacation,hunting,somebody didn't come in etc.etc.etc.}I think all they wanted was to get my pattern,long story short I drove the "1 hour" across I 90 into Ohio and picked it back up and got nothing!! THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CLOWNS!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your issues with these CLOWNS...yes they are in Ohio

Skyking said:
I'm surprised they didn't answer the phone and tell you that you're the only person that had the problem. That's the answers I always get.

LOL I totally would've accepted that phone call & not gone any further with putting there name on blast. Unfortunately, this forum likes to give all their children, including the ones that finish dead last, a trophy.

RivNut said:
If this vendor is not willing to give the customer service you think is appropriate, or is advertising something that doesn't work as advertised, send and email to Ray Knott, director of the ROA, explaining the problems you're having. He can't get your problems fixed but he will refuse to run any future ads for the vendor in the Riview. That's about as good as it gets at this time.

Ray's email address is on the ROA website; a link to the website is in my signature.

At this moment, I'm working on a similar psituation - poor fit, poor customer service - with the bumper fillers for the 79 - 85 Rivieras.

I am in contact with Ray now Ed, thank u. You posted this info on another thread but couldn't find it. I almost called you then I found Ray was the person I was looking for & I should've CC'd you too. Ray will be back in a few days to help me.

TO ALL: This is a good lesson to us all. We try to support our vendors & it doesn't always payoff. Now let's stick together & kick these turds to the curb. Help me spread the word please....

On the other hand, Waldron's answered everyone of my calls to help out however they could over the phone. My business will always go to Waldron's from here on out...They are top notch more on that in my build thread later

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

Guest clamshells
This kinder/gentler world theory doesn't always work out. If a vendor is in the wrong how do we spread the word?? So if I wouldn't try to post this then someone else will get bit…

I get it…but I don't…[b/]

This politically correct sue happy culture isn't going to get better any time soon. I know exactly how you feel. If the best you can do is contact Ray Knot by all means do it. Otherwise.....I suppose we can spread the good word about Waldrons.

WALDRONS is #1

Edited by clamshells (see edit history)

Yes, Forum Moderator, the people are right:

Poor experiences need to be told as much as the good ones!

People can be direct but courteous with their opinions.

When something is really wrong, word needs to get out.

If only the good experiences are told, then wrong-doing can

survive and multiply; but when it's exposed, it withers.

Imagine countries where evil or error can't be corrected:

"Hitler is a good leader and wants to make us all pure."

"Putin is a great leader of the people."

Even if the company name was deleted, thank you for leaving this thread intact.

My original post WAS wiped clean off as to say "shut up kid, big brother knows best!" But I didn't give up, tried again & I was given a second chance.

So thank u moderators, that shows some change in spreading the truth…now you deserve a trophy too.

John S, u said it best. Thank u…I was ready to round up the troops & yell "REGULATORS! MOUNT UP!"

I get it…but I don't…

You're more understanding than I am.

I don't get it. ... no buts

Has anyone besides myself had any dealings with Kepich Exhaust in North Carolina? About 5 or 6 years ago I had them make a new muffler for my 1922 Model 48. I had what I believed to be an original muffler from back in the day. I talked to their customer service person, sent several photos along with the dimensions and in about 2 weeks there was a new muffler on my back doorstep. I am very happy with the finished product, the price was reasonable, the turnaround time was good, and it fit exactly right. I don't know what else a person could ask for. That is my experience in dealing with exhaust system suppliers. If I ever need anything else in that area I would go back to those folks in a heartbeat. They treated me well and that's all that that I can add here.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

You're more understanding than I am.

I don't get it. ... no buts

It's simple. Clamshells hit the nail on the head. We're trying to avoid lawsuits. It costs a lot of money to defend frivolous lawsuits. If you want to warn people of specific vendors, you can handle that via PMs. I also like the idea of sending a letter to the club, and making the vendor respond and make things good before being allowed to advertise in the magazine again.

Call me ignorant or naive, I don't get how a lawsuit would/could hold any ground against "the forum" if I was the one with the problem & I posted the company's name????

No need to waist time explaining it, save the keystrokes…I'm still grateful to have the opportunity to use the forum as a tool. Many people have contacted me via PM to ask for the name of these jack asses. So my goal to spread the word is working…thank you.

P.s. Deleting someones post to advise others about such a matter is garbage. A moderators job should be to modify the content to suit the forum not delete it. No need to explain that one either…save the keystrokes. JMHO

Because the first thing they teach you in law school re: civil litigation is sue everybody, no matter how minimal the connection. Sure, the truth is an absolute defense, but you have to spend $$$ on legal fees to defend yourself. If you prevail as a respondent, defendant etc. , the court MAY award you legal fees, but it is the courts' discretion. Best to discuss these matters via pm

Call me ignorant or naive, I don't get how a lawsuit would/could hold any ground against "the forum" if I was the one with the problem & I posted the company's name????

No need to waist time explaining it, save the keystrokes…I'm still grateful to have the opportunity to use the forum as a tool. Many people have contacted me via PM to ask for the name of these jack asses. So my goal to spread the word is working…thank you.

P.s. Deleting someones post to advise others about such a matter is garbage. A moderators job should be to modify the content to suit the forum not delete it. No need to explain that one either…save the keystrokes. JMHO

David, I would like for you to send me a PM with your phone number and the best time to reach you. What I want to tell you I think you will get a big honk out of. retirednow hit it right on the head. This society that we live in today is a bunch of litigious A-holes. You are forgetting that the outfit that you dealt with has 'rights'. They have the right to screw people and get away with it. They know that the AACA is powerless to do anything to them. So they move on to another publication and do their advertising there until things get too hot for them there and it is a vicious cycle of repetition all over again. West is dead on right when he says it costs a lot of money to defend frivolous lawsuits. Thanks to politicians our legal system is broke beyond repair I sometimes think. Here is something that I learned a long time ago. Whenever I do something like this (new muffler) I pay for it with a credit card. If it is not right or as wanted and the supplier doesn't want to make it right - I'll box that puppy back up and send it right back to them via insured USPS. Save all of the paperwork and dispute the billing with the credit card company. We have had to do that just one time in about 40 years. Documentation worked like a charm. Just passing this on to you for something to think about. I'm sorry things worked out for you like they did. Just don't let it happen to you again. You do have some recourse in a situation like this. I'm sorry to say that once you modified the parts they were yours, simple as that. Hope this has been of some help to anyone out there dealing with a situation like this.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

terrywiegand@prodigy.net

Because the first thing they teach you in law school re: civil litigation is sue everybody, no matter how minimal the connection. Sure, the truth is an absolute defense, but you have to spend $$$ on legal fees to defend yourself. If you prevail as a respondent, defendant etc. , the court MAY award you legal fees, but it is the courts' discretion. Best to discuss these matters via pm

The answer to that is;

Have the laws changed so that the loser of a lawsuit pay the attorneys' fees of opposing parties.

That won't happen until we stop electing lawyers to the states' legislatures

Edited by bhambulldog
punctuation (see edit history)

2. Defamation and Other “Publisher/Speaker” Torts. Section 230©(1) of the Communications Decency Act, passed in 1996, says “no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as a publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.” To date, courts have treated this language as a nearly complete bar against liability for users’ defamatory postings.

Gentlemen, if the AACA prefers to take the stance that they prefer to have a "No defamatory rule" and hear complaints from the forum members about that instead of hearing from vendors lawyers, then that's the way it shall be. All this off subject rhetoric is precisely why these type threads are typically deleted in the first place. I chose to edit and leave this one. Now, either get off the subject of lawyers and tort and back on the original subject or this thread will get closed.

ACHTUNG! Der tread iss kausing trouple fur der management and it vill be KAPUT. You vill schtop asking der management vhy tings iss der vay dey are und go back to being der obedient kiddies und schtop asking der questions. Vee haf vays uf dealing mit you. ...........Herr Bop

Bob, (LMAO) your crazy lol I like you, but you are crazy lol

Lamar, thank u for not deleting my post. You are right tho…I've said it before, we can still get the message out. As this forum is still a tool I didn't have before & guys are asking via PM as per the forum instructions.

Thanks again

2. Defamation and Other “Publisher/Speaker” Torts. Section 230©(1) of the Communications Decency Act, passed in 1996, says “no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as a publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.” To date, courts have treated this language as a nearly complete bar against liability for users’ defamatory postings.

Bob

This statement does not prohibit people from trying. It only means that after money is spent on defense, the law is on our side. As mentioned, they have the right to sue anyone at any time. Seriously, I don't know why that is so hard to understand.