Harrison Heater Core I.D.

gegrunt

Does anybody recognize this Harrison heater core and know what years and makes of cars that it would be used in? The tag reads HD-01-50, the only heater core that I am available with is the rectangular one in my 1950 Chevy which needless to say looks nothing like this one does. The fan blade came with it, the diameters of both of them are 8 1/2 inches.

post-68676-143142654865_thumb.jpg

post-68676-143142654869_thumb.jpg

post-68676-143142654873_thumb.jpg

Guest Commodore

It looks like what you have is the standard heater for 1947 - 1954 Chevrolet for passenger cars and trucks. Here is a photo of the complete unit.

008_zps59d1623c.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post the picture. I wonder if they had two different types of heaters for the 1947-54 Chevy cars and trucks, I have a 1950 Fleetline Deluxe that has a retangular heater core mounted in the engine compartment, the controls are mounted under the dash. This seems to be an all in one unit.

Guest Commodore

Yes, Chevrolet had two different types of heaters during whose years. The standard which you had a photo of and the deluxe which your 1950 Fleetline Deluxe had. One of the differences between the two heaters was that the standard just recirculated the air inside the cabin while the deluxe drew fresh air from outside. Here is a photo of the deluxe heater.

heater19lg.jpg