Computer

4 Peaks

The 1st. owner of my 1989, 8v, installed a Chrysler performance computer #P4529333. The instruction sheet with it states that it increases boost, spark advance and fuel delivered. Nothing about how much boost or HP gain. I would like to know what the specs. are, but I guess the chance of finding them would be about zero. But, on the other hand you never know, so I just thought I would put it out there, in case someone does have some info on it.

Don

An automatic tc is rated for a detuned 160hp by the automatic smec. Adding a manual boost controller and either getting a recal computer or a manual tran smec out of shelby z, will get you more out of it but safely is the question without blowing it up.

The 1st. owner of my 1989, 8v, installed a Chrysler performance computer #P4529333. The instruction sheet with it states that it increases boost, spark advance and fuel delivered. Nothing about how much boost or HP gain. I would like to know what the specs. are, but I guess the chance of finding them would be about zero. But, on the other hand you never know, so I just thought I would put it out there, in case someone does have some info on it.

Don

Take into consideration that you have a 25 year old car with a 25 year old engine. Do you know if the engine is capable of the increased power? And worse yet, your desire to use this power to it's fullest.

I installed a SMEC capable of more output on an 89 TC some years ago, the fellow headed for Vegas on the I-15 and got as far as just past Baker, CA. He had me tow his TC to my shop where I found that he had spun not one, not two, net even three, BUT ALL FOUR rod bearings. I got to build him another engine for his TC.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

The SMEC was installed in 1991,by the first owner. I am just trying to find some info on the specs. of the SMEC.

Know this might sound a bit simple, but have you tried Googling the SMEC part number, that takes you to a page that gives this URL http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f28/734505-turbo-ii-stage-2-single-module.html

first couple things you find are the superseded part number SMEC P4532036 which is now also old and things that resemble answers to your boost and rpm performance questions. Follow the SMEC P4532036 path and you find numbers that lead to other paths and the next thing you know you're reading specs for this things descendants and eventually you find 2 pounds more boost and higher RPM shift points for the auto tranny.

the fellow headed for Vegas on the I-15 and got as far as just past Baker, CA. He had me tow his TC to my shop where I found that he had spun not one, not two, net even three, BUT ALL FOUR rod bearings. I got to build him another engine for his TC.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4baf95e0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

I remember doing 90 on that stretch on a motorcycle and spending most of my time watching the rear mirrors to make sure I didn't get run down!