On the way to Portland

Barney Eaton

On our way to Portland, we came in North at Seattle and stayed in Tacoma. I have owned many Corvairs and the CORSA National meet was in Tacoma. The Corvair meet used the Lemay Museum lawn for the show field. We toured the the new Lemay and it is better than I anticipated. Four floors of cars and cars on the ramps between floors. At one point we had the opportunity to have our picture taken in this Buick. What year is it so I can put the vintage on my picture. There was this '89 NASCAR Regal, and I think the blue Buick is a '15 (corrected) and the green one is a '16 or 17

post-30596-143142653648_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143142653636_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143142653651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

The blue one is a 1915 with the flat fenders as this was the last year for that feature. 8 side hubcaps tell me it is either the small C-24, or the hubcaps are incorrect, and later ones have been installed. The larger C-36 like my car should have 6 sided hubcaps for 1915. I cannot tell from the photo if there is a round fuel tank directly behind the seat as that would be a feature for the C-24. Dandy Dave!

I confess.....the car is actually inside the museum and software put the front of the museum in the background. The car not only has on windshield, but there are no doors on the passanger side making it easier for people to get in/out for their photo. Normally I would have passed, but it is a BUICK

• 2 weeks later...