For Sale 1960 Chrysler Windsor

Guest aunthelen

Guest aunthelen

For Sale 1960 Chrysler Windsor. Located in AZ. Was running last year, but not currently running. All original. Approx. 80K miles. Message me for more info. I'll post more photos soon.

post-92783-143142653381_thumb.jpg

Guest 914Driver

I usually feel apprehensive when one joins a group of like minded folk, all with similar interests and offers something desirable but has the proviso to "Email for pics", or "Hey, shoot me a PM for all the information you will need to make a decision about parting with your hard earned dollars".

Probably a nice car Aunt Helen, but you are selling a car, why do we have to do the work?

Guest aunthelen

I understand your point about messaging me for more information vs. including information in the post, 914Driver.

The truth is, I don't know that much about cars. I purchased the car for an ex and will try to respond in the best way that I can. Here was my message to keiser31:

Thank you for responding to my thread regarding the Chrysler Windsor that I'd like to sell. Please know that I was in a relationship with someone that had an affinity for vintage cars when I made a trade for this one and I don't personally know a lot about cars.

The title is a clean title and has just over 82,000 original miles. The car is originally from back east and when the previous owner's aunt passed away, he brought it out to Arizona where it sat. Everything is original. It was running last summer, but it's not running now. We think it might be a battery issue. The engine is an original 383 CID 305 hp (227 kW) V8. I believe my ex changed out the transmission, but I could double check.

The dash pad is badly cracked (someone gave me a replacement cost of $750) and the previous owner took it to a car wash where someone put their hand through the back cardboard (someone said they would charge me a $100 to replace it). The vinyl in the back is just starting to crack on the top. I replaced the tires when I first got the car last April. There are a few minor rust spots (the underneath looks good) and a dent on the front right hand side (by the headlight), that we think could easily be fixed.

I have some photos that I initially took on this blog:

http://aunthelenandme.com

I also had a professional photographer take some photos (with the ex)... sorry they are a little mushy:

http://www.denisenicoleblog.com/jodie-yancie/

As far as price goes, the guy that traded me for it was selling it as a "daily driver" for $8,000. I would love to get $6,000 for it and I've put about $1,500 into it.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks,

Jodie

I am motivated to sell this car and hope it will make someone very happy. It made me happy, but it's beyond the scope of something I'm in a position to take care of or restore. I did end up finding the trim piece.

I hope this is more helpful.

I hope you can find it a good home - good luck.

Guest aunthelen
I hope you can find it a good home - good luck.

Thank you! She deserves a good home. Whenever she's driven, she gets a lot of attention... she definitely makes people smile.