Please help ID bakelite radiator caps

pcolleary

I doubt anyone has a comprehensive cross reference. There were so many different ones , many O.E.M. but also generic replacement. When I see them at swap meets I just buy them if the price is reasonable and add them to my rad cap drawer. When I need one I look through my collection until I find one that fits. Or mark down the size of the rad neck thread in my swap meet note book and keep my eyes open if I don't already have that size. Yours look to be in decent condition so you should be able to find a new home for them. Most people are not going to worry about what they came off of. They will just want to know that the size and thread t.p.i. is a match for their rad.

The first cap looks a lot like the 1920's Dodge 4 radiator cap. Except, most of the Dodge caps I've seen have the DB stamped on the bottom. I've attached photos of one I have. The dimensions of the one I have is 2" and a 18tpi.

The second and third cap looks a little like the 1920's Chevrolet cap. I haven't got one on hand to photograph, and I know I have one the same that is made in Poughkeepsie, somewhere. Although, I have found that the Chevrolets up to 1927 used a 1-3/4" and a 16tpi.

I hope this is of some help. I too would like to find a cross reference of radiator cap sizes, there maybe an obscure catalogue someone has.

post-69884-143142656009_thumb.jpg

post-69884-1431426560_thumb.jpg

post-69884-143142656005_thumb.jpg