Very unique 1934 Dodge KC

countrytravler

On researching the history of this truck, is interesting. Just received the information today about this truck.
Mike, (owner of Dodge City Vintage) was building this truck for marketing to show most of the options that were available for all the Mopar cars and trucks had to offer in the1930s.
The truck is 75 percent complete. After I finish building a 34 Dodge P/U I'm putting together for a customer, this will be my next project to complete if not sold.

Have the following options already installed or loose to be installed:
Chrome package
Dual trumpet horns
Front and rear bumpers chromed
Dual out side mirrors
Dual tail lites
Duel spare tires with covers

6 new tires
6-16" steel spokes with reproduction hub caps
Mechanical overdrive from a 36 Chrysler
Step plates for the running boards
Shocks
And I probably missed a few
Inside truck:

Flashlight with steering column mount

Low oil level indicator

Radio
Heater
Aux fan
Rear view mirror with clock
Dual wipers
Extinction handle for the emergency brake and shiftier
Pull handles for the turn signal arm
Tool kit
Ash try and lighter

Comes with truck

Extra rear reproduction fenders ( the ones on the truck was repaired before the reproductions was available)

New interior kit

All new wiring from Yesterday

New wood kit
I know that all the items listed was not optioned for the KC. Who knows, an executive could have had a truck built like this. It would be no problem putting back to stock. The cross member was changed  so the overdrive would hook up with no problem. At 1st, I thought that the frame was changed.

This truck has been untouched for 10 years. This is the only pictures that I have until we pull it out for work. Ask anybody that has seen this truck and a few have.
Comments-suggestions, good-bad-indifferent welcome.

Location-Jamestown Ca 95327 (USA)

Phone-209-613-1199

Email-dave@dodgecityvintage.com

World Wide Delivery

post-78906-143142651652_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651582_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651594_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651606_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651616_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651625_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651634_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142651643_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Trust me guys, I'm not knocking this beauty or Mike in anyway but I've always been so curious why someone would take such a sound body of any classic from any year and make changes to the drivetrain or frame or chop the top. I know it's in order to make it more driver friendly and cool in some cases but if it's meant for show then why make the changes, why not go back with 100 % original ? Owners can do what they want with they're own vehicles... I get that,,, but I don't understand what the motive is behind it. Is it personal taste, money, pride, or all of those ? Again, I'm not knocking it... to each his own.

I would love to see more photos also... a very nice and interesting truck. Photos are always good ...

Dave

He was doing this for the personal-public museum that he was building to educate the public on the 34s. Something that I don't see for me being into this for a short while. (3 years). Wouldn't be very hard to put back to stock. The hardest part would be the frame. He didn't build the truck to be driven. Just for education purposes like the cutaway chassis and cars that you see here and there.

Look what the Chrysler museum in Auburn Hills MI did to the truck that Mike restored to the original color blue with black fenders. Not so sure if 2 tone was had back then. Somewhere along time, they painted it red with the fenders being black.

That is why I posted to see what kind of reaction. It should show some interesting comments in time. More pictures will be taken when I start this project. I am presently putting a 34 p/u together at this time.

post-78906-143142653852_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142653814_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142653817_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142653831_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142653842_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest DodgeKCL

Ironic that the Chrysler museum would paint it that color of red. I don't think that bright a red was available. Wonder why they did it?

• 2 months later...
Dave Nice , looking truck , Is it still for sale,

i have a lot of pictures of the 34 in the Chrysler Museum

I thought you said that this was not the truck Mike restored?

jesse

I didn't think it was the same truck that Mike had built. The pictures that we have showed it in blue. Museum dictated what specs and color. After taking many pictures of the truck in the museum and comparing the pictures of the one Mike built, it's the same truck. Remember, I'm still green. I was looking for a blue truck. I jumped the gun, I was shocked not seeing a blue truck.

post-78906-143143088398_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143143088373_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143143088387_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Trust me guys, I'm not knocking this beauty or Mike in anyway but I've always been so curious why someone would take such a sound body of any classic from any year and make changes to the drivetrain or frame or chop the top. I know it's in order to make it more driver friendly and cool in some cases but if it's meant for show then why make the changes, why not go back with 100 % original ? Owners can do what they want with they're own vehicles... I get that,,, but I don't understand what the motive is behind it. Is it personal taste, money, pride, or all of those ? Again, I'm not knocking it... to each his own.

I would love to see more photos also... a very nice and interesting truck. Photos are always good ...

Where are you getting that the top is chopped?? None of the body has been modified. Only thing not stock is the 37 Plymouth engine, the 37 Chrysler OD trans and the crossmember to mount the different bellhousing for the OD trans.