1927 Chrysler Problem

Guest basketballtitan

Guest basketballtitan

We have a 1927 Chrysler, we think :). However, I have been doing some research and the VIN does not match the letters for a 27' the VIN is FC471W. Does anyone know how to find the exact year and model of this car. thanks

Guest basketballtitan

Thanks for your help. Here are the pictures of it. As you can see it has been in a barn for many years. We just thought now would be a good time to get it shined up and cleaned up

post-102205-143142648365_thumb.jpg

post-102205-143142648311_thumb.jpg

post-102205-143142648334_thumb.jpg

Guest basketballtitan

As you can tell I know very little about this car so thanks for the info. My dad just asked me if I could get it cleaned up and running so we can use it in our classic car booth at an upcoming car show. I will take some other pics this weekend when we get it on the trailer as well

As you can tell I know very little about this car so thanks for the info. My dad just asked me if I could get it cleaned up and running so we can use it in our classic car booth at an upcoming car show. I will take some other pics this weekend when we get it on the trailer as well

You will learn a LOT about the car on this forum.

You will learn a LOT about the car on this forum.

The car may be designated as a 1927 according to another book I have. The bumpers (not the ones on there) were added accessories.

post-37352-143142648403_thumb.jpg

If your car was assembled late in 1926 and first sold in early 1927 a good chance it was titled or registered as a 1927. Bumpers were an accessory but many states such as Minnesota made it mandatory for a few years to have a front bumper or rigid safety bar.

The letter "F" has no numeric equivalent, but the letters that do -

W - 0

P - 1

C - 2

H - 3

R - 4

Y - 5

S - 6

L - 7

E - 8

D - 9

The 1927 model 50 serial numbers ran FW-000-P to FL-486-E - which decodes as F0-000-1 to F7-486-8 or 74,868 built. The serial number on your car, FC-471-W, decodes to F2-471-0, or the 24,710th model 50 built.

Letters with no numeric equivalent were used as the first digit in the FEDCO number. During the run of the FEDCO system. the U.S. plants used letters F, K and Z which had no numeric equivalent. The Canadian plant used A, B, F, G, J, N, and O, and of the letters with a numeric equivalent, only the letter E was used as the first digit in a FEDCO serial number in Canada - on Fargo Trucks.

FEDCO numbers were never used on Dodge Trucks.