Exterior Sun Visor

DPerry

Guest Douwe
I'm looking for a source for an exterior sun visor for a 1951 Ford Shoebox. In the process of a restoration. Seen a 100 of them on cars. Where do you buy one??

Do an ebay search for exterior sun visor (or sunvisor). Most common brand is Fulton. Otherwise swap meets or even Craigslist.

Guest Douwe

Here is an example of my favorite sun visor (Maybe a Plastico). They rarely show up. They made them in different colors and the translucent tint makes for a real nice look. This example has a chip but I looks like it is near the center on one of the thick ridges so maybe you can get creative with some filler and Paint. If you are careful you should be able to polish the metal and plastic to almost new condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-1952-Ford-tinted-sunvisor-/321158234531?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac685c1a3&vxp=mtr

Beware that not all of them will fit a wagon even though they say they will fit your year.

Here is a nice original (dealer option) for sale: http://shoebox-central.com/Store/Product/4951FORDVisor.aspx

Edited by Douwe (see edit history)

Thanks

I've got an order in with shoebox-cental right now on some other parts.

(that visor won't fit a wagon)

We're planning on attending Wavecrest so i'll pick up a lot of info there. the Fulton is the one I think I want.

Thanks for the information. what woodie do you have??

Guest Douwe

I am still in wanabe woodie owner mode. We have gone to Woodies on the Wharf a few times (We live about 1 hr from Santa Cruz) and in 2012 we flew down for the day to attend wavecrest (record breaking heat that year).

I highly recommend Woodies on the Wharf if you have never been.

There is actually a '50 I want to check out in San Diego so I may go down to check it out soon, or if it hasn't sold by mid September, I may wait until Wavecrest and do some tire kicking there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 50plywood

I am also in Alabama and am just finishing a 50 Plymouth wagon. I believe that there is a guy in South Alabama who sells sunvisors on eBay. I am in Huntsville and am also planning on going to Wavecrest.

QUOTE=DPerry;1325171]I'm looking for a source for an exterior sun visor for a 1951 Ford Shoebox. In the process of a restoration. Seen a 100 of them on cars. Where do you buy one??