Removing '29 rear hub bearings

I may be overlooking the simplest of things but how do you remove the rear wheel bearings in a '29 DA? The front wheel bearings were in the actual hub, but these rear bearings are in the axle end of the rear end and held in place by a grease seal that I don't want to destroy. Anyone know how to remove the grease seal to remove the bearings? Thanks.

I may be overlooking the simplest of things but how do you remove the rear wheel bearings in a '29 DA? The front wheel bearings were in the actual hub, but these rear bearings are in the axle end of the rear end and held in place by a grease seal that I don't want to destroy. Anyone know how to remove the grease seal to remove the bearings? Thanks.

Bob- I think I understand your question. Yes, you will have to destroy the inner axle felt seal.

Here's a little write-up on the subject: http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=376932&p=1325429#post1325429

Hahaha...yeah, I was...I have a mechanic that helps me at times and he's determined to get the engine running...and as long as we had things connected I thought let's try the horn!....I just work on wheels and chassis in my free time! :) I will have to get new bearings and seals according to your directions.....thanks again so much for the info.! Yeah, there may be more wet eyes when she actually starts and then is on the road again...the old girl has been w/ me since I was 15 and I'm a sentimental saphead! :)