Donations at Hershey?

I have a lot of liturature much of it has no or little value. A lot of late 70's and 80's stuff but one day the information might be valuable to someone (one can only hope) Will I be able to bring these items to Hershey and donate them?

Thanks

You don't realize how long ago 1982 is untill you see a sales brochure and see the clothes and hairstyles....... I would love to fit into those checkered bell bottom pants again, or even look down and see some platform shoes, but my gut obstucts the downward view, and for that matter even be able to use a comb!

• 4 weeks later...

You are tough on yourself, John. Anyone that knows you is aware that under all of your self-described deficiencies knows you are one great person.

Been awhile I remiss however always enjoy the conversation when we do meet.

Really nice of you to think of the Library.

Best regards,

Peter.

If the AACA library is not interested in your collection, consider offering the collection to another auto museum, there are many around the country.

I recently donated a large portion of my collection to the California Auto Museum here in Sacramento, their library was happy to receive it, and since they are local, no shipping cost, just a 20-minute drive.

You're right, 1982 doesn't seem like a long time ago, but it's over 30 years ago! In that span of time, we've seen makes like Saturn come and go, and others (Oldsmobile, Pontiac, etc.) go away. It's all part of history, so making sure the documentation stays around is important.