Amazing, but true, service!

raleets

I'm giddy, and still shaking my head in disbelief........get this......I shipped my non-working cassette player from my '89 coupe to United Radio in East Syracuse, NY, last Friday, July 25th, via Priority Mail. The shipping fee was $12.50 with $100 insurance coverage.

They called me late Tuesday morning to advise they could repair the unit and needed approval for $97.50, plus my credit card information. The $97.50 INCLUDED shipping back to me in Michigan.

The unit arrived on my porch via UPS early this afternoon!!!!! I came real close to fainting, no joke. That's quick!!

When I unpacked the box there was another surprise waiting for me.......the unit looked absolutely NEW. The plastic facing had been polished and it was spotless with NO fingerprints to be found.

I immediately installed it in the car and it plays PERFECTLY.

And, it also works perfectly with a cassette adapter plugged into my portable Sony Walkman CD player.

Happy days are here! I can now play CD's in my '89 Reatta. Life is grand!!

Bob

I'm giddy, and still shaking my head in disbelief........get this......I shipped my non-working cassette player from my '89 coupe to United Radio in East Syracuse, NY, last Friday, July 25th, via Priority Mail. The shipping fee was $12.50 with $100 insurance coverage.

They called me late Tuesday morning to advise they could repair the unit and needed approval for $97.50, plus my credit card information. The $97.50 INCLUDED shipping back to me in Michigan.

The unit arrived on my porch via UPS early this afternoon!!!!! I came real close to fainting, no joke. That's quick!!

When I unpacked the box there was another surprise waiting for me.......the unit looked absolutely NEW. The plastic facing had been polished and it was spotless with NO fingerprints to be found.

I immediately installed it in the car and it plays PERFECTLY.

And, it also works perfectly with a cassette adapter plugged into my portable Sony Walkman CD player.

Happy days are here! I can now play CD's in my '89 Reatta. Life is grand!!

Bob

Be careful with the cassette adaptor, with that little cable sticking out those things can get stuck really easy. You might consider a radio signal type adapter.

Thanks for your concern. I used one, trouble-free, in my old LeSabre for many, many years. Never had the slightest problem.

Like so many things car related, a little bit of "being careful" goes a long way. The wire comes off the upper left corner of the cassette and, due to it's small diameter, passes thru the small opening easily when the cassette deck is closed. It also ejects freely without hesitation.

If there was a simple, reasonable way to install a pure CD deck I would do it in a heartbeat.

One of my best friends owns a local car stereo shop that's been in business over 40 years and has won many national awards. They have examined the car and tell me there's no way to mount a CD player in the cassette deck space.

So, I guess I'll roll the dice and continue to use the adapter and Sony Walkman sitting on the seat.

Bob

In my case United Radio in East Syracuse NY sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label. via email. I just boxed it up and placed the label on it and dropped it in a UPS drop box. My price was exactly the same $97.50. I sent them a bank cashiers check. They returned almost immediately. Installed and it works perfectly. Got same unit back!

This was thanks to Ronnie's website.

Edited by CHAS1 (see edit history)