Triumph Book Gift Recommendation

Hello Friends, I am in need of a book recommendation for a very dear friend who is a Triumph enthusiast. He owns a last year production of the TR6, but I think he might enjoy a book on the complete history of the marque. I am looking a book that enthusiast have found to be correct and has a good number of photographs along with written history. I come to you because this is an important friend who does many kind deeds for me. I am not locked in on the idea of a book so given what I have shared about his interest if anyone has another idea I am open to suggestions. Many thanks.

Triumph Cars - The Complete Story by Graham Robson and Richard Langworth is about as good as it gets - a comprehensive history with few errors. First published by Motor Racing Publications in 1979 before the end of the Triumph production, so go for the 1988 Second Edition, ISBN 0-94781-28-4, it's available new on Amazon at an astronomical price, so go for a good second-hand copy!

Triumph Cars - The Complete Story by Graham Robson and Richard Langworth is about as good as it gets - a comprehensive history with few errors. First published by Motor Racing Publications in 1979 before the end of the Triumph production, so go for the 1988 Second Edition, ISBN 0-94781-28-4, it's available new on Amazon at an astronomical price, so go for a good second-hand copy!

A big +1 on that one! However the full title of the book is From Tri-Car to Acclaim, Triumph Cars The Complete Story. You'll have more luck searching for it by that title.

post-30638-143142654796_thumb.jpg

Another suggestion for something a little different would be a book specifically on the TR6. The Roadster Factory ( http://www.the-roadster-factory.com/indexmain.php ) sells a reprint of a book from 1984 titled The Triumph TR%, TR250, and TR6 Companion, by Steven Rossi and Ian Clarke. It's very inexpensive ( http://trf.zeni.net/novelties/24.php?s_wt=1024&s_ht=768 ) and is quite a good and informative read.

post-30638-143142654807_thumb.jpg

post-30638-143142654802_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)