About To Be An Owner

TimStaci

Hello all!! I've got about 3 hours until I go pick up the wife's 90 Convertible!! I actually think I'm more excited than her!! Anyway, hope to meet some people and learn some stuff about the new ride!!

Have a good one!!

Tim

Guest Mc_Reatta

Don't do it!

Turn away before it's too late!

Reattaitis is extremely addictive and has no known cure.

You were warned. :cool:

This forum along with ROJ and Reatta.net are mere self-help groups we use to manage our disease.

Thanks for the welcomes!! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I get it home and we get settled into it.

Mc_Reatta, I came down with Reattaitis when I drove the car on Saturday!!! I told the wife that she had better pray for rain today because if not, when I get the car, I'm going cruising!!

Guest Mc_Reatta

Sorry to hear I was too late. I tried.

Physics says that if you go fast enough, rain will fly from the front windshield over the passenger's compartment and off the back of the car without ever falling inside.

Just don't ask me if I've ever tested this theory out. :rolleyes:

Guest Corvanti

Welcome!!!:cool:

since nobody has said it yet: "it didn't happen without pics!!!" :)

we all love - new to owner - pics...:D

Sorry to hear I was too late. I tried.

Physics says that if you go fast enough, rain will fly from the front windshield over the passenger's compartment and off the back of the car without ever falling inside.

Just don't ask me if I've ever tested this theory out. :rolleyes:

I've tried that on my motorcycle, but with the Reatta, I'll just put the top up. Shouldn't cut down on the fun too much!!

Welcome!!!:cool:

since nobody has said it yet: "it didn't happen without pics!!!" :)

we all love - new to owner - pics...:D

I'll post up some pics in the next few days. I imagine that tonight will be the only time I see it. The wife will probably be out gallivanting around in it after that!!

Nice, I am down to the minimum now, a coupe and a convertible. Wonderful cruiser with enough room for anyone (just had to take a sawzall and electric knife to a Crossfire to get comfortable, not for the feint of heart). Nice thing is that all of the literature and manuals are online and people here are just waiting to help. Welcome to the cult.

Very nice car. You will love it. I just drove one about 4000 miles from Wichita Kansas to Portland Or and it was very comfortable drive all the way. You didn't mention how many miles you have on yours. Remember to join the Buick Club and the Reatta Division. Our national meet will be next summer in Springfield Mo. It will be a good time.

Chuck Kerls

Thanks everyone!! Chuck, it has 92000 miles on it. Springfield, Mo huh? I bet I can talk the wife into going to that. We love that town!! I really can't wait to get it out and drive it for a while. Sri far it has consisted of around town.

Tim,

Congrats on a nice find. Very much like mine (though mine is a 91) in that it is the same color combo. Yours looks to be in better shape, mine has much higher mileage and is showing it's age.At any rate, you have done nicely. Hopefully you get to enjoy it occasionally even though it is your wife's car.

What prompted her interest if I may ask? A Reatta roadster isn't close to being the first car on most people's minds when considering buying a vehicle. With it's rarity, most people aren't even aware it exists. I'm guessing she either saw one and liked , or she's the uncommon individual with a pre-existing interest in the Reatta.

Incidentally, welcome to our little institution here. The staff doesn't wear white jackets, but probably should.

KDirk

KDirk,

We were actually looking for a vehicle for my son (Jeep). The wife had wanted a convertible for a while and we ran across the Reatta. Found out about the rarity of them and the history behind them and went to drive it. She fell in love with it, so we brought out home. Luckily for our son, he will now get my truck, and I'll get a newer one!! We also have a 1962 Impala that we take to car shows and cruises, so the Reatta will get to go along now also.

The car itself, runs great. The PO has put a lot of time into the mechanical and has the documentation from when the car was first sold, until we picked it up. We even have the original window sticker for it. The paint is needing some love and the driver's side door panel has a crack in the arm. Other than that, it's in pretty good shape for a 25 year old.

Tim