1925-28 Kissel Model 6-55 Water Pump and Generator Bracket.

<o:p></o>

Want to Buy - 1925-1928 Kissel model 6-55 Water Pump and Generator bracket.The Kissel Model 6-55 was the last of the Kissel built engines and is very different to the Lycoming bases engines used in some of the Kissel models.<o:p></o>

Both the Water Pump and the Generator bolt to the right side of the engine block as viewed from the driver’s seat and are driven from the timing case. The order is from the timing case – Water pump, Generator and then the Distributor driven from the back of the Generator through a worm drive.<o:p></o>

I have attached a couple of photos to help with identification.<o:p></o>

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.<o:p></o>

Cheers<o:p></o>

John >

post-46901-143142641165_thumb.jpg

post-46901-143142641168_thumb.jpg

post-46901-143142641177_thumb.jpg

Edited by kisselman27
Add heading (see edit history)

Guest prs519

Hello,

Sorry, cannot help you with your parts. I was wonderiing if you could give us an update on that fabulous Kissel you acquired in New York state?

Perry in Idaho

<o:p></o

<o:p>

Want to Buy - 1925-1928 Kissel model 6-55 Water Pump and Generator bracket.The Kissel Model 6-55 was the last of the Kissel built engines and is very different to the Lycoming bases engines used in some of the Kissel models.<o:p></o

Both the Water Pump and the Generator bolt to the right side of the engine block as viewed from the driver’s seat and are driven from the timing case. The order is from the timing case – Water pump, Generator and then the Distributor driven from the back of the Generator through a worm drive.<o:p></o

I have attached a couple of photos to help with identification.<o:p></o

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.<o:p></o

Cheers<o:p></o

John >

<o:p>

<o:p></o

</o</o

Perry,<o:p></o:p>

Mr. Ron Hausmann is the man to whom you refer. I know Ron well through the Kissel Kar club. <o:p></o:p>

My name is John Lewis and I live in Queensland, Australia. I have been addicted to Kissel cars for many years and over time have been fortunate enough to become a Kissel owner.<o:p></o:p>

Kissels were sold in Australia between 1924 and 1928. My research confirms that eight vehicles were imported into Rockhampton, Queensland ,(including two truck/Bus chassis) and four cars through agents in Sydney , New South Wales. These vehicles included three Speedsters, 1924 6-55, 1927 6-55 standard and 1928 6-55 deluxe. To my knowledge the 1928 speedster is the only Kissel model 6-55 vehicle known to survive from that year. All kissel cars imported into Australia during the 1920s were factory RHD and I believe them to be unique among surviving Kissels from the 1920’s.<o:p></o:p>

Today there are six Kissel cars known to survive in Australia (in varying states of repair). Two of theses cars are recent imports and both LHD. <o:p></o:p>

Some of the other Kissels imported into Australia during the 1920’s included a 1926 6-55 AYRC Coupe, 1927 6-55 Deluxe sedan, 1928 6-70 touring car, and 1928 6-70 sedan. (All these cars came in through Rockhampton.)<o:p></o:p>

Cheers<o:p></o:p>

John<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

• 5 months later...

I am still on my quest to find a water pump and generator bracket for my Kissel.

Want to Buy - 1925-1928 Kissel model 6-55 Water Pump and Generator bracket.The Kissel Model 6-55 was the last of the Kissel built engines and is very different to the Lycoming bases engines used in some of the Kissel models.<o:p></o

Both the Water Pump and the Generator bolt to the right side of the engine block as viewed from the driver’s seat and are driven from the timing case. The order is from the timing case – Water pump, Generator and then the Distributor driven from the back of the Generator through a worm drive.<o:p></o

I have attached a couple of photos to help with identification.<o:p></o

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.<o:p></o

Cheers<o:p></o

John >

Edited by kisselman27 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I am still on my quest to find a water pump and generator bracket for my Kissel.

Want to Buy - 1925-1928 Kissel model 6-55 Water Pump and Generator bracket.The Kissel Model 6-55 was the last of the Kissel built engines and is very different to the Lycoming based engines used in some of the Kissel models.

Both the Water Pump and the Generator bolt to the right side of the engine block as viewed from the driver’s seat and are driven from the timing case. The order is from the timing case – Water pump, Generator and then the Distributor driven from the back of the Generator through a worm drive.

I have attached a couple of photos to help with identification.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John