Dash Mat

ol' yeller

Guest Corvanti

most of the dash mats i have dealt with are held down with velcro. perhaps a extra roll from WalMart or other places would help keeping it down.:)

They are held down with velcro. My Black came with the mat. Took off the mat, tried peeling the velcro off the dash and ruined the dash. Ended up getting a different dash from Manikmakanik.

BTW anyone here from him? How is he doing?

Guest Corvanti

if taking a mat off - lift slowly - spray a little of the "orange Goo-Gone" around the velcro. wait a couple minutes and spray more. it will take awhile to get 'er off, but will work.

idk why one would want to pull one off unless they were going to put another "mat" on. (unless the mat was put on for protection of the original dash pad, then i would ask: why???:confused:) if part of the original dash pad came up, a little bondo (or similar product) would cover any mistakes made...

I just use a HeatShield whenever I park the car in the sun. https://www.heatshieldstore.com/ I have one for each of my vehicles. They are custom cut to order for each vehicle and fit perfectly. (The shop is local to me too - so when I order one, I can just drop by and pick it up when it is ready.) One thing is that HeatShields roll up into a tube with a velcro latch. Some may prefer other vendors products that fan fold.

I sell the Covercraft line which includes Dash Mat. Go to the site and look at the available colors. I charge $35 each which includes shipping.

I have them on all my cars including my Reatta convertible and do not use any method to hold them in place. They do not blow off with the top down but will slide some if someone pulls on them.