help Identify this

terry54999

Hi, My dad bought this thing 25 years ago at Hershey, I have been told it looks like late thirties MoPaR. The quality of the build and attention to detail leads me to think it was built in house at Chrysler or ?? I am not so sure about the electric motor set up. that work appears more primitive. the steering and independent suspension are of much higher workmanship as is the frame. It is made of aluminum. When he bought it. the man who sold it to him stated that he had it since the late 40's and insisted it was some sort of display piece from Chrysler. Any help wpould be appreciated. I want to bring it to Hershey to sell it, but would like to know what it is. I cant get the pics to load, says file too large, any help??

post-63732-143142639643_thumb.jpg

post-63732-143142639648_thumb.jpg

post-63732-143142639651_thumb.jpg

post-63732-143142639655_thumb.jpg

post-63732-143142639658_thumb.jpg

post-63732-143142639662_thumb.jpg

post-63732-143142639665_thumb.jpg

Edited by terry54999
add pics (see edit history)

Hi, My dad bought this thing 25 years ago at Hershey, I have been told it looks like late thirties MoPaR. The quality of the build and attention to detail leads me to think it was built in house at Chrysler or ?? I am not so sure about the electric motor set up. that work appears more primitive. the steering and independent suspension are of much higher workmanship as is the frame. It is made of aluminum. When he bought it. the man who sold it to him stated that he had it since the late 40's and insisted it was some sort of display piece from Chrysler. Any help wpould be appreciated. I want to bring it to Hershey to sell it, but would like to know what it is.

In order to help you identify it we need pictures??

Howard Dennis

thanks guys, I got 'em to load. had to ask my 16 yr old daughter for help. teenagers know everything.

LOL, so true..... we can all relate.

My great nieces and nephews keep us up to date with the most current stuff. Now my kids are asking "how the heck do you do this"... Amazing how fast technology is changing.

at first I was thinking, kiddie car, or some type of childrens car. but I got to thinking, why would they duplicate a late thirties frame with a passage for the driveshaft and independent front suspension. also, the rear frame horns are definitely late thirties. I found this picture of a full size '39 ply/dodge frame online. looks pretty close.

post-63732-143142640045_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to someone identifying it for certain but my initial impression is that the front end seems to be bodged together and that small electric motor would have a hard time pushing that much metal along with whatever went on top of it. Perhaps someone took a frame from something and began to make a home-made contraption?

Edited by Kimo (see edit history)

I'm looking forward to someone identifying it for certain but my initial impression is that the front end seems to be bodged together and that small electric motor would have a hard time pushing that much metal along with whatever when on top of it. Perhaps someone took a frame from something and began to make a home-made contraption?

That would be my guess.

The more I look at it, the more it looks to be a mock up model of a Chrysler product frame that as stated, was probably used as a static display for a chassis design. Someone has tried to make a go-kart out of it. It looks like there used to be rear springs as it would not sit that close to the ground like it does now....not to mention the wrong wheel size. It looks to be about 6 feet long. Is that a close guess?