1 year with thr Riv!

Guest Kaber

Guest Kaber

There is a local Cruise in near my house that meets on the 4th Saturday of each month. Last year on the day of the July Cruise we picked up the Riv cleaned it out and drove it to the Monthly show. Well this year we took it again. It has repaired floors and trunk pans, New rear body mounts, new seat covers and carpet, new glove box, new taillamp bezels, complete Front end, Dual master cylinder, all new brakelines, a functioning spare and jack, owners manual and finally a nicely restored factory air cleaner. I want to thank everyone here who has helped us get this far in such a short amount of time. I couldn't have done it with out the kindness and knowledge on this board! THANK YOU!!!!

image_zps1eab8e8b.jpg

image_zps46b45a0e.jpg

Here are some pics from the Brookville Roadster show! The Gas Monkey guys were there, it was kind of a zoo!

image_zps2d4a1e5c.jpg

image_zps0262a8d4.jpg

image_zps19050ad1.jpg

I don't know these people, but the Monkeys are K.C. and Aaron

image_zps330c2342.jpg

Tim

Guest clamshells

Nice car looks blue and sometimes looks black making her even more interesting. The best part is your son involved.

Guest dwhiteside64

What a handsome machine you have there Kaber congrats on your first year. I also have had my '64 for a little over a year now and I too have no regrets whatsoever. :cool:

I'm jealous… November will be 2 years for me & I still can't drive it :(

You have a sweet ride. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see more.

If the Monkeys do wanna touch it, maybe it'll be an all expensive paid build for u. It might even bring more attention to our cars & increase the value of them if it is airs on Fast N Loud lol…I love the show

Guest Kaber
I'm jealous… November will be 2 years for me & I still can't drive it :(

You have a sweet ride. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see more.

If the Monkeys do wanna touch it, maybe it'll be an all expensive paid build for u. It might even bring more attention to our cars & increase the value of them if it is airs on Fast N Loud lol…I love the show

Thanks!

I like the Monkeys too! Its just a fun show and it looks like they are having fun as well. I am not one to believe its not totally unscripted, but if you like the content and it makes you laugh, who cares!

Overhaulin' that's something different. I told my family "Never" turn one of my cars over to them! LOL!!!

Kaber

The shows are not unscripted. Discovery Channel did one season on a local hot rod shop (Da Rod Shop) here in my town called Rod's & Wheels. Between the scripts & the poor quality cars being pumped thru, Da Rod Shop hopes they don't get asked for a second season. Customers cars had to be put on the back burner.

Overhaulin' takes the easy route & slaps crate motors in everything. The wife almost had my car "overhauled" just as I started my build. They showed lots of interest in doing my Riv but sent my wife a "sorry, no Rivi build this season" email when she was adamant about keeping my Nailhead lol. I'm sure I would've ended up with a nice car. But my wife is lucky, deleting the Nailhead would be cause for a divorce.

Guest Kaber
The shows are not unscripted. Discovery Channel did one season on a local hot rod shop (Da Rod Shop) here in my town called Rod's & Wheels. Between the scripts & the poor quality cars being pumped thru, Da Rod Shop hopes they don't get asked for a second season. Customers cars had to be put on the back burner.

Overhaulin' takes the easy route & slaps crate motors in everything. The wife almost had my car "overhauled" just as I started my build. They showed lots of interest in doing my Riv but sent my wife a "sorry, no Rivi build this season" email when she was adamant about keeping my Nailhead lol. I'm sure I would've ended up with a nice car. But my wife is lucky, deleting the Nailhead would be cause for a divorce.

Yeah, that show was a little lame. I love how they send the cars "Off to Paint" and a day later they return with beautiful paint and straight panels!(for $1000) Overhaulin' is a little different, I believe they do spend time on paint and body prep. I don't like the way Foose always goes the easy way when it comes to powertrain choices. Your right a small block Chevy, in a Riv would not fly! Don't even get me started on the two tone paint, on EVERY car! Still it beats the usual network programming, I would rather watch any of these shows before Real Housewives or the bachelor! LOL!

Kaber