1931 DeSoto SA

SA Bill

I am on a mission to find all the remaining 1931 DeSoto SA's that are still in existence. So far I have found 16. This the time of year there are a lot of shows and swap meets. If any of you see an SA I would very much appreciate it if you would get the owners name, email address and/or telephone number so I can add their car to my website. My email address is shortcut999@yahoo.com Thanks for your help.

I am on a mission to find all the remaining 1931 DeSoto SA's that are still in existence. So far I have found 16. This the time of year there are a lot of shows and swap meets. If any of you see an SA I would very much appreciate it if you would get the owners name, email address and/or telephone number so I can add their car to my website. My email address is shortcut999@yahoo.com Thanks for your help.

How do you tell if it's a 31 or an SA ?

I found this locally, I was told the front of it is Desoto.

I don't know if this is something you would be interested in for your quest or research. Unfortunately the rear shell was removed.

post-69994-143142647029_thumb.jpg

post-69994-14314264701_thumb.jpg

How do you tell if it's a 31 or an SA ?

I found this locally, I was told the front of it is Desoto.

I don't know if this is something you would be interested in for your quest or research. Unfortunately the rear shell was removed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]261762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]261763[/ATTACH]

That is a 1931 DeSoto SA6 with a 1928 or 1929 Victory Six coupe body on the back.

You did find a 31 Desoto SA. Looks like a coupe. Where is the car?

Bill, I found it in a boneyard in the Arizona desert.

John, sorry for the double post, I went back and found your response in the other thread after I posted this and realized you already mentioned it was a 31. Next time I'll check first, just to hard to keep them all straight from memory. BTW, your buddy has first dibs on the front bumper if he wants it, I only thought it would help Bill in his research.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chris MD
On 7/28/2014 at 0:44 AM, SA Bill said:

Hi there. 

I own a 1931 Desoto CF* convertible with the rare Variant straight 8 77horsepower engine in very good running condition. Car has won many awards in the past. It is considered to be one among 7 surviving Desoto CF* 8 convertibles in the world.

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, Todd Daubenspeck said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the head stud torque value for a 1931 DeSoto Six SA Coupe with a Silverdome engine.  Can anyone help with that information, please?

TorqueSettings2.jpg.f99e972e36537e6823e2fe733a934bfd.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 7/27/2014 at 12:44 PM, SA Bill said:

My husband an I just acquired a 1931 DeSoto SA.