1935 President Frame vs. 1935 Dictator Frame

What, if any, difference is there between a 1935 Dictator, 4 door sedan frame, and a 1935 President, 4 door sedan frame, in terms of structural support, body mounts and gauge? Would they be interchangeable? Ken, Deltaville Va

Dictator has a shorter wheelbase.

Terry

Thanks, found out it is about 9" shorter than President frame. Know very little about antique Studebakers but have frame off restored several post war cars. Ken, Deltaville, Va.

Do you have a president with a bad frame?

Have neither President nor Dictator frame. After a couple of decades of restoring post war Studebakers, I am looking at doing a 30's era car but need to know more about what it takes in terms of parts availability etc. So bare with more stupid questions and, hopefully, it will lead to a 30's era restoration managed in the way I do restorations? While my goal is to restore a President; what prompted the last post was a Dictator on ebay that that could serve as a parts source or back up in case a President never materialized. Ken, Deltaville Va

What years, body style and condition president are you looking for.

Mid-to-late 30's President 2 door first choice; but 4 door would be fine if it has side mounts. Condition is not a big issue as long as it is basically in tact. (I could take parts of a1950-60's car and re-install, not sure about antique Studes). Would like to have it within 600 miles of east Virginia. Need clear title. Ken, Deltaville Va