1937 Chevrolet Master Replacement Battery and Wiring

Guest Daniel Allen

Guest Daniel Allen

Hello All,

This is my first post and I apologize if I have placed it in the wrong place. I recently got my Great Grandfather's 1937 Chevrolet Master Sedan. It has been in my Great Uncle's garage since 1977 (rear end went out) and has not run since the mid 1990s (electrical problem). The car itself is intact with little modification. My goal right now it to get her up and running and eventually back on the road. I am looking for any good advice on how to go about making that happen. I figured I would start with the battery and the wiring. What are some good options? I have read a little about the Optima 6 volt and it seems to be well liked. Is this a good battery for 37 Chevy? I have also researched a bit on Painless wiring and it too received favorable reviews. Are these good options? Are there better choices for my car? Thanks in advance for your help.

Daniel

I have had good luck with Optima 6V batteries in my cars. One is over 7 years old now and still working fine. They are a bit smaller so you might have fashion a way to secure it in the battery box. For wiring, I have used YNZs Yesterdays Parts for original-looking cloth-covered wiring harnesses with good results.

Cheers

Guest Daniel Allen

rsb-

Thanks for the help. I ordered the Optima and I will check out the YNZ website. I am actually just over in the East Bay not too far from you. Thanks again.