Fuel Pump pigtail intermittent

I had this same thing happen on a well worn '91 LeBaron 'vert a couple of years ago - the socket connector at the Fuel Pump was intermittent and acted like a bad pump - couple of years ago mother Mopar still sold a pigtail repair part that you spliced onto the harness.

Now, the '89 TC is doing the very same thing, only weeks after having the tank and pump replaced (one tank strap had broken due to rust and everything got replaced). Starts up, runs fine, you'll be cruising along and zoot - motor dies, won't start, can't hear pump run prior to cranking. Go under car, wiggle plug, starts right up.

Assuming the worst and that the connector does not clean up well or give me confidence, is there still a replacement available? Does anyone know if the plug is the same size/shape as used in the '91? That car is almost ready for parting, this may push it over the edge...

TT

I had this same thing happen on a well worn '91 LeBaron 'vert a couple of years ago - the socket connector at the Fuel Pump was intermittent and acted like a bad pump - couple of years ago mother Mopar still sold a pigtail repair part that you spliced onto the harness.

Now, the '89 TC is doing the very same thing, only weeks after having the tank and pump replaced (one tank strap had broken due to rust and everything got replaced). Starts up, runs fine, you'll be cruising along and zoot - motor dies, won't start, can't hear pump run prior to cranking. Go under car, wiggle plug, starts right up.

Assuming the worst and that the connector does not clean up well or give me confidence, is there still a replacement available? Does anyone know if the plug is the same size/shape as used in the '91? That car is almost ready for parting, this may push it over the edge...

TT

I'm pretty sure the 91 uses a newer style of connector/plug.