1938 Olds 2 dr coupe

Guest Big Dave

I asked a friend today, who has a restored '38 Olds Coupe, if he had any extra door handles. He said yes, but your best bet is to go to "Chevs of the '40s" since they have good reproductions of the same vintage Chevrolet handles and they are an exact match (as are striker plates and some other door-related hardware) for the Olds parts.

Guest Big Dave
I asked a friend today, who has a restored '38 Olds Coupe, if he had any extra door handles. He said yes, but your best bet is to go to "Chevs of the '40s" since they have good reproductions of the same vintage Chevrolet handles and they are an exact match (as are striker plates and some other door-related hardware) for the Olds parts.

Thanks for the information. Would your friend be interested in selling me two exterior handles? Only one (the passenger side) needs to be keyed.

Guest Big Dave
Friend Jim said he may also have other parts of interest. I'll PM you his e-mail address shortly.

Here is his Olds in 2011 and many years earlier...

He sure did a nice job restoring his 38. I will be talking to my mechanic this weekend and see if we need any other parts that your friend might have. Will get back with you later. I sure appreciate you helping me with my exterior door handle problem.

Dave