New member to the forum

Seafoam65

This is my first post on the Riviera forum. Last year after looking for ten years to find a low mileage babied all it's life 65 Riviera I purchased

a Seafoam Green base model with deluxe interior with 56,000 original miles on it. One owner in Dixon Illinois for 45 years, then flipped twice before

I found it in Las Vegas. I'm sure you guys will be of great help when I ask questions about the easiest way to fix things on the car. I'm in the car repair

business, but never had to do any repairs on an early Riviera. My dad ordered a 65 Riviera new in July 64 which I learned to drive in and drove some in

High School on special occasions. It was Arctic white with a saddle interior and wire wheel covers. My family never had much trouble with the 65 and

still in nice shape when my Dad sold it in the 80's to a friend who flipped it to someone in Ohio who was going to do a restoration on it and paint it black.

I looked for my dad's car for several years with no luck, then finally found the car I have now last September. I would love to find out what happened

to my Dad's Riviera. Just in case it belongs to someone on the forum, the Vin number was 494475H900633. It was Arctic white with base saddle interior.

The only options were A/C, power trunk release,wire wheel covers, floor mats and tinted glass. It had the base 401 engine.

The Riviera I own now is an amazing time warp with a perfect original interior. Here are some pics:

post-102001-143142631775_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142631781_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142631793_thumb.jpg

post-102001-143142631797_thumb.jpg

This is my first post on the Riviera forum. Last year after looking for ten years to find a low mileage babied all it's life 65 Riviera I purchased

a Seafoam Green base model with deluxe interior with 56,000 original miles on it. One owner in Dixon Illinois for 45 years, then flipped twice before

I found it in Las Vegas. I'm sure you guys will be of great help when I ask questions about the easiest way to fix things on the car. I'm in the car repair

business, but never had to do any repairs on an early Riviera. My dad ordered a 65 Riviera new in July 64 which I learned to drive in and drove some in

High School on special occasions. It was Arctic white with a saddle interior and wire wheel covers. My family never had much trouble with the 65 and

still in nice shape when my Dad sold it in the 80's to a friend who flipped it to someone in Ohio who was going to do a restoration on it and paint it black.

I looked for my dad's car for several years with no luck, then finally found the car I have now last September. I would love to find out what happened

to my Dad's Riviera. Just in case it belongs to someone on the forum, the Vin number was 494475H900633. It was Arctic white with base saddle interior.

The only options were A/C, power trunk release,wire wheel covers, floor mats and tinted glass. It had the base 401 engine.

The Riviera I own now is an amazing time warp with a perfect original interior. Here are some pics:

Welcome aboard..Congrats on your purchase, it sure looks very nice. Finding the 1st gen Riv's in this condition are like finding a needle in a hay stack. The best advise i can give your is to join the Riviera Owners Assoc. It will be the best $30 a year you will spend. We have Technical Advisors for every year and most of the 1st gen experts frequent this forum. Check out the ROA website http://rivowners.org/

Bob Bonto #277 ROA :)

Technical Advisor 71-73

Charter Member

Former President Board of Trustees

• 4 weeks later...