Difference between Dodge Brothers Touring Car models 1917-1923?

Guest Traveller491

Guest Traveller491

Hello

I am new to the forum.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the differences are in the Touring Car models between 1917 and 1923?

I am interested in a 1917 because I am a WW1 reenactor. I was wondering when the models changed significant enough to be noticeable?

I have been unable to easily locate an answer online.

I appreciate any assistance!

Brian

There are several differences in the touring as the car matured. Early cars have wooden fellows, vertical windshield, no outside door handles and 33 inch wheels. Around 1919 a front shield was added to the inside of the springs (below the radiator). Most tourings only came with wooden spoke wheels, but around 1919 (again) the fellow became metal. I could be wrong on this as I have seen many 1920 tourings with artillery wheels. I believe all per-1920 touring had painted radiators. Other than the military cars they should be black with nickel trim rings around the headlights. The windshield became slanted sometime in the early 20's. That's all I can think of for right now.

Brian

If you want a vehicle to reenact the Great War ideally you need a 17 or 18 or 19. They are all pretty identical . YOU DO NOT WANT a slanted windshield . They are available I have restored 3 to ww 1 style. I probably have more info on WW 1 Dodges than most other collectors as that is my focus. I too reenact post-34730-143142632708_thumb.jpgHere is a 1916 touring car and a model 1918 Light Repair Truck. I do have another 1917 that needs restoration that would be perfect to restore. The shield mentioned in the previous post was added in 1917 and is correct for the First War vehicles.

bob

post-34730-143142632711_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobs1916 (see edit history)

Guest Traveller491

Thank you guys for the information!

Fantastic looking collection Bob! That is exactly what I had in mind!

I read that WW1 Dodge Brothers cars could be in civilian color early on and in green or khaki with white lettering. Is that correct?