Maintenance on 1929 Model 169 Town Sedan

tigersdad

I'm currently a 1932 Buick owner and have been considering buying a fully restored 1929 Lincoln Town Sedan Model 169. Engine has been re-built, mechanics, etc....How easy are these cars to maintain? Any problems that these cars are known to have? Difficulty in finding parts if required? The Buick network, as well as, the Packard network work great. I haven't delved into Lincolns, so thought I would ask before buying.

Thanks a lot for any input!

Regards,

Jay Kingston

Novato, CA

Guest jims41LC

It should be pretty much the same as your current classic. This forum is top-shelf for help for sure. If this the 1929 I saw online ,it looks like a winner. What a beauty, and looks like a Lincoln should. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the car in Santa Cruz? If so, you wont need to maintain anything. Its a spectacular car. The owner spared no expense on the engine. your maintenance will consist of changing the oil and sweeping the front carpet. I would caution you before driving down there- its not a fully restored car. The interior is original and has some wear. It is, however, very good. It was a body on repaint- a good one but not a "full restoration." I think it is fairly priced.