Ebay "1925 Dodge Other Pickups"

I emailed the seller and this was their answer....

"John,

Thank you for the heads up. To the best of our knowledge, Dodge Bros did not make a pickup until several years later. Fear not, the fact that it has been converted will be disclosed to anyone that shows interest!

Thanks!"

I would think that the seller would want to reveal that BEFORE bidders start bidding.....if they DO.

Funny how many times they mention "Pickup, Truck, Roadster, Original, Unrestored". The one that really gets me is Unmolested Unrestored.

2268.jpg

I guess by not fixing the dents in the fenders before they painted it qualifies for unrestored ?

Of course, he does imply in the description that the paint is original and shined right up once cleaned... lol, amazing.

He claims it has original mileage of around 9k miles... every photo shows the truck had many more than 9K miles on it. Notice no photos of any documentation to back up his claims, only story telling....

Looking at his other cars I see a trend. Everyone of those cars have issues with the paint. Obviously his painter doesn't know what the heck he's doing. Improper atomization is an art when it comes to automotive paint, and in my view he has to little air pushing his gun and who ever is wet sanding and buffing looks like they are equally half hearted in there attempt to hide what lies beneath.

Easy to judge I know,,,, but this guy is asking for top dollar for low quality stuff.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Can someone explain to me why someone would list a vehicle like this for such a high starting bid in the condition this thing is in and why they would put a reserve on it at that point ? Seems very foolish because of the fee they are charged right off the top even if it doesn't sell.

Some folks have money to burn I suppose....

It might be an honest description based on the information the seller received. Remember this is a used car salesman! Some people just don't know better.

Then again it could be a slug who has watched too many reality car shows on TV.............

It might be an honest description based on the information the seller received. Remember this is a used car salesman! Some people just don't know better.

Then again it could be a slug who has watched too many reality car shows on TV.............

Wait,,,, I thought it was a museum ? :confused::rolleyes: